cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Marked as complete

PayPal Marked as complete

We have a client who is currently using Magento 2.3.3 and is having an intermittent issue with transactions coming from PayPal. Very occasionally there is an order which is marked as "Complete" as it arrives in the Dashboard.

As you can imagine this is very frustrating as it makes processing very laborious as each order needs to be verified manually to ensure it has been processed and not just marked as complete. 

Can anyone shed any light on what we may be able to change to rectify this issue? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: PayPal Marked as complete

I think I found a pattern for those PayPal orders status problems.
All PayPal orders being canceled and then status changed to complete, have the same values in fields address 1 and address 2. Do you guys have this too in your PayPal orders problems?

It must be a problem within PayPal module address verification. I googled this and found the following possible solution :

In file /app/code/local/Mage/Paypal/Model/Api/Standard.php

Change :

$request['address_override'] = 1;

to :

$request['address_override'] = 0;
If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool

Re: PayPal Marked as complete

Hi,
Having looked through the orders there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the address fields and orders being marked inadvertently as complete.
It is only probably 15% of PayPal orders being marked in this way. I don't really know what else we can check. PayPal themselves have also drawn a blank on their support ticket.
Open to trying anything at this point as it is a huge amount of work for the end user having to double check every "Complete" order to make sure it has actually been fulfilled.