cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal express sandbox mode

Paypal express sandbox mode

I've got a product paypal express business account setup and was able to get valid API Signature values for that.  What I'd like to do is put things into sandbox mode for now so I can test it without making actual transactions.

I've set up an account at sandbox.paypal.com but I'm not able to find where I can set up api access there.

Do I need to have a valid sandbox.paypal.com account with different api values, or am I able to test transactions just by having it in Sandbox mode 'Yes' ?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Paypal express sandbox mode

Hi @joseph_digiovanna

Well - using sandbox mode toggle Yes  - it goes into the sandbox mode and activate sandbox mode for the same !

But for that sandbox and to do testing of api - you required sandbox credentials and its api access !

Here i am sharing the link from where you will get exact idea about this - https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/sb_credentials/#view-and-manage-your-api-credent...

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Thanks for the reply - I've used that documentation to create a Sandbox account and get access to developer.paypal.com.

From there I generated a sandbox account / access token, which gives me a username and an access token.  Can you tell me how this maps to the form in Magento and what I would use for an account password for instance? In the production mode it gives you username / password / API signature (which I'm assuming is the same as the access token here).

Hi @joseph_digiovanna

Yes , that's correct !

• To connect your sandbox account for testing, click Sandbox Credentials and follow the prompts. Any customer purchases using a Sandbox PayPal complete without actively charging customers.

For more details and exact steps refer this magento devdocs link -  https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/cloud/live/paypal-onboarding.html

if you have resolved your issue , click on accept as solution button so other user will gets helped on the same !

Hope it helps ! 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Sorry, still having some trouble here.  I click sandbox credentials, it asks me for my sandbox account email / password which I provide, but then I get stuck here:

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 15.05.10.png

With no prompts past that point.  I have navigated around a bit but no luck.