cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Export - How to export only configurable and orphan products

Product Export - How to export only configurable and orphan products

Hi all, i'm after some help please!

Does anyone know how to do an export for only configurable products and products i call orphans (simples that are one of a kind and not part of a configurable)?

I have over 9000 products, but really there are only around 3000 when you take away all the options (which would be looked at when editing the configurable).

My website recently went onto the Magento 2 platform and i need to get all of my product pages up to standards and need to find the easiest way of exporting just the products i want to edit (i find the export a bit of a nightmare and just want to make things easier). 

I am not a developer or very tech savvy, but my parent company is a large one so i can ask for help with coding/date etc.

Any help or advice to make my life much easier with exporting, would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Carrie

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Product Export - How to export only configurable and orphan products

Hi @carrie_sweeney,

You can filter the prodcuts to be exported but I'm not sure if the out-of-the-box options will be enough to export your orphan products.

Maybe you can take a look at the options under: System -> Data transfer -> Export and then select products.

You'll see the possible filter below the form.

Hi Damian

Thank you for your reply.

I'm just wondering, if i filtered Visibility down to "Catalog, Search" what exactly will this show me?

I am assuming that the other option of "Not Visible Individually" means that it wont bring up the options that fall under configurables (so if i have a tshirt as i configurable, it wont bring up each colour option i have set within it)? If so, this could be my way of easily filtering down to see what i need.

Many thanks

Carrie

Hi @carrie_sweeney,

Did you checked that option and the filters?