cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Page Gallery Images Blurry

Product Page Gallery Images Blurry

Product images appear blurry in the product page image gallery, but sharp and crispy in the main picture. I've attached what both pictures look like below.

I've already tried re-uploading my images after changing the image quality inside the Magento configuration to 100% and the maximum resolution of the uploaded picture.

Changing the resolution of the gallery images in my themes view.xml only changes the size of these images. They still appear blurry after clearing the cache and refreshing the screen.

Sometimes when I re-upload the pictures, flush the cache, and refresh the page, a few of the gallery pictures appear normal (sharp). After I refresh the page again, all of the pictures appear compressed or blurry.

Any help would be appreciated!

Product Page Gallery ImagesProduct Page Gallery ImagesProduct Page Main PictureProduct Page Main Picture

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Product Page Gallery Images Blurry

Hi @GlassDuster 

After doing the correct settings in the themes view.xml re-run the below image to create images cache again.

php bin/magento catalog:images:resize

Flush cache

php bin/magento cache:flush

I hope it will help you!

Re: Product Page Gallery Images Blurry

Thank you for the response!

I edited the "product_page_image_small" attribute in the view.xml from 90x90 to 110x90. After clearing the cache, the pictures seem to look better.

This might be due to the aspect ratio of the pictures that Magento scales down to.

Product Gallery - Adjusted.png