cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product informations in admin are different from frontend

Product informations in admin are different from frontend

I have a bunch of products created via Magento's REST API.

I've noticed that when I try to change something in the magento admin page (like the title or attributes or description) the change doesn't reflect in the frontend.

I've tried the following things:

• reindex
  • flush and clean cache
  • disabled cache

It still doesn't work and I have no idea what the problem could be.

Magento version: 2.4.3-p1

[EDIT]

Looking in the "catalog_product_entity_varchar" I've noticed that every product seems to have duplicate informations for different store_id (0 and 1). Magento isn't configured as multistore so why are there two stores id?

image.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Product informations in admin are different from frontend

Hello @Miroir Studio 

When creating, editing and saving a product via admin back-end website_id is set automatically, but when creating via REST API website_id is not set.

Had to POST website_id 1 via REST API.

Kind of strange behavior would think it should default to main website_id and the POST website_id is for adding to additional and updating.

Thank you

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Re: Product informations in admin are different from frontend

@Bhanu Periwal wrote:

Hello @Miroir Studio 

When creating, editing and saving a product via admin back-end website_id is set automatically, but when creating via REST API website_id is not set.

Had to POST website_id 1 via REST API.

Kind of strange behavior would think it should default to main website_id and the POST website_id is for adding to additional and updating.

Thank you

Ok, @Bhanu Periwal  thank you.

You told me to set "website_id" to 1 in the POST request but the changes I made in the admin page reflects to the product associated with "website_id" 0 (the first one of the screenshot of the database in the previous post).

So when I'm creating a product via rest api I need to set the "website_id" to 0? Please let me know if I understood correctly Smiley Happy

Also, in order to clean up all the duplicates should I delete every product?

image.png