cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products disappearing from catalogue & search

Re: Products disappearing from catalogue & search

I am having same issue , I transferred website from one server to another , its magento v2.3.3

Products are not getting displayed on front end, although they did before transfer to new server. Products are there in backend and can only be accessed through url with product id, I tried a lots of solutions. might as well give up on magento unless someone can really help. 

cheers

Hello @h_dawson, @rahul_singh11 and @kris_wen 

Please check my answer posted here https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-2-x-Technical-Issues/After-Import-product-now-Product-Salab...

I hope this will work for you(and others which are facing same issue).

If it helps you, please give kudos and accept it as solution. Regards

@Sarvagya Pandey your link says not found.

I applied this few times after each install but it did not work . I guess magento has its own way of clearing cache and rebuilding indexes.

The salable quantity was 0 for each product after transfer so i got quantity right with this query but it worked fifth time. i did hard refresh in browser many times though. have to say Magento really suck at this. I am confused

Hello @rahul_singh11 

This https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-2-x-Technical-Issues/After-Import-product-now-Product-Salab... is the link which I have shared.

If this helps you, please give kudos and accept it as solution.

Thank you.

We recently upgraded 2 of our sites to Magento 2.3.3 and had the same issue of products disappearing from our category pages. It was happening every 15 minutes to 2 hours and we'd have to constantly keep re-indexing the sites to get the products to come back.

Our host was stumped and insisted the servers were set up properly and ourselves and our developer were stumped since we had no obvious errors and very little custom code.

A long story short, the culprit was the "Elasticsearch Index Prefix" . Each site on the server needs to have it's own unique prefix. You cannot use the default unless you only have one site on the server. In Magento 2.3.3 it has the effect of sequentially removing all the products from the category pages.

This was very difficult to figure out so I hope this helps someone to avoid the nightmare that we went through.

Hello, recently Magento  posted in release notes (https://devdocs-beta.magento.com/guides/v2.3/release-notes/release-notes-2-3-5-open-source.html):

Problems with the partial re-indexing of large categories have been resolved. Previously, due to problems with this process, products were randomly excluded from categories on the storefront.

I haven't tried, but if you don't want to upgrade, you can apply patch from bug fix: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ConvertGroupsAS/magento2-patches/master/Patch-Magento_CatalogInven...
From PR https://github.com/magento/magento2/pull/25306

@Madmonk2019 wrote:

We recently upgraded 2 of our sites to Magento 2.3.3 and had the same issue of products disappearing from our category pages. It was happening every 15 minutes to 2 hours and we'd have to constantly keep re-indexing the sites to get the products to come back.

Our host was stumped and insisted the servers were set up properly and ourselves and our developer were stumped since we had no obvious errors and very little custom code.

A long story short, the culprit was the "Elasticsearch Index Prefix" . Each site on the server needs to have it's own unique prefix. You cannot use the default unless you only have one site on the server. In Magento 2.3.3 it has the effect of sequentially removing all the products from the category pages.

This was very difficult to figure out so I hope this helps someone to avoid the nightmare that we went through.

In my case this was absolutely the solution. 
I have different M2's on a shared hosting. One of them uses the Magento built in search engine, the other two have been setup recently for development reasons. 

The two recently added are M2.4.1, where the use of elasticsearch is mandatory.
So i now had two M2's wich are using elasticsearch with the same index prefix of default 'magento2' and one M2 wich wasn't using elasticsearch at all.

Due to the hint of madmonks post it turned out that ALL of the products in one of the elasticsearch stores were gone when i reindexed the other one. 

But of course the 3rd M2, the one using the old build in search engine, wasn't effected by this, what makes it even harder to come to this conclusion.

@Madmonk2019 You really made my day!!! Thank you!

For those who are not familiar with the elasticsearch settings:
The mentioned settings are under: Stores -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Catalog -> Catalog Search

A big THANKS to Madmonk2019. This was a really valuable piece of information which helped me exactly to resolve the problem of disappearing products and i would never ever have made the connection to elasticsearch as the culprit. This saved me a lot of hassle.

THANK YOU.

Hi,

How did you resolve it? We are facing same issue.

Regards.

FHS

Hibive got o e installation but with 2 sub stores for different languages  but i do not seem to be able to name each one individually in elasticsearch index prefix. I tried renaming from magento2 to importeco which is the name of my site but it keeps disappearing anyway