cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Advanced Search

Question about Advanced Search

Hello,

I am having an issue with Magento 2's advanced search that I am hoping somebody can explain to me. If I use the advanced search and search for one of the website's product brands '30 Plus', I get no results from the search.

'30 Plus' is in the product name of 247 products (see image below):
30 plus on product screen.jpg

I have checked the 'name' attribute and it is searchable for both 'Search' and 'Advanced Search.' (see image below):

name-settings.jpg

In fact if I use the advanced search and search for a different brand 'Wychwood', I get 231 results. Which is correct.

wychwood search.jpg

If I make the search more specific and search for 'wychwood aviator', I get a single result. Which is once again correct.

wychwood aviator search.jpg

Are there any kind Magento gurus out there who can explain why my search for '30 Plus' gives me nothing?

If I use the basic search I get results. If I search for either '30' or 'Plus', I get some results but not if I have them together.

If there is something I am missing could somebody please explain this to me?

Thanks in advance  Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Question about Advanced Search

Hello @ACmag,

I have checked your issue and found some doubt. Please check screenshot

2018-08-16_16-49-35.jpg

There is 0 quantity for all product and which have more that 0 quantity that product visibility is Not Visible Individually - so please confirm do you disable out of stock product configuration for frontend?

--
If issue is solved, Click "Kudos" & "Accept as Solution"

Re: Question about Advanced Search

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I can see why you would point that out, I should have filtered the product screen a bit better in my example, apologies for that.
Display Out Of Stock Products is set to No

However, we have many other products that should be showing. I have changed my filters to only show products where the stock is greater than 1 and where the visibility shows Catalog, Search. See below:
30plus product screen 2.jpg

As you can see from the above, I have products which should be showing. If I search for '30 Plus' in the standard search bar I get results, however I get no results when I use the same search term in advanced search.

It is even stranger that if I search for either '30' or 'Plus', I will get results but I will get nothing if I search for the them together.