cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready check shows writable files as non-writable

SOLVED

Ready check shows writable files as non-writable

Hello all,

Please see the error below. All files and directories are writable. I even tried a chmod 777 on the files but that doesn't seem to work. So i put back the permissions to the default 775 but no luck yet.

Any clues how to solve this? Cronjobs are running but this is the only error i have now....

thanks in advance.

Theo

/home/username/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Framework/View/Asset/RepositoryFactory.php   /home/username/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Framework/View/DesignInterfaceFactory.php    /home/username/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Framework/Locale/ResolverInterfaceFactory.php        /home/username/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Framework/RequireJs  /home/username/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Framework/RequireJs/ConfigFactory.php        /home/username/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Deploy/Package       /home/username/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Deploy/Package/PackageFileFactory.php        /home/username/public_html/generated/code/Magento/RequireJs/Model      /home/username/public_html/generated/code/Magento/RequireJs/Model/FileManagerFactory.php [] []
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ready check shows writable files as non-writable

never mind, i was too fast.... Been looking for hours but couldn't solve it. Posting it here and within 10 minutes i have the answer.

For anyone running into this issue. In my case some files were in the installation owned by root. Those files were not on the list in the error shown.

To fix it, in my case, i ran:  chown username:username * -Rc 

The command should not return files.... It did in my case. But those files are set to the correct owner so running it again results in no files being reported. This fixed the error for me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ready check shows writable files as non-writable

never mind, i was too fast.... Been looking for hours but couldn't solve it. Posting it here and within 10 minutes i have the answer.

For anyone running into this issue. In my case some files were in the installation owned by root. Those files were not on the list in the error shown.

To fix it, in my case, i ran:  chown username:username * -Rc 

The command should not return files.... It did in my case. But those files are set to the correct owner so running it again results in no files being reported. This fixed the error for me.