cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe to uninstall Data Migration tool?

Safe to uninstall Data Migration tool?

I upgraded from 1.9 to 2.1.6 a few months back using the data migration tool, then upgraded to 2.1.8 successfully. After that I disabled the Data Migration module.

I am now trying to upgrade to 2.1.9 using the System Upgrade screen in the backend and I see this weird message during the Readiness check: "We're making sure your server environment is ready for Magento_DataMigrationTool to be upgraded." (see screenshot)capture.png

Is it safe to uninstall the data migration module completely? Do I need to edit my composer.json file first for the "require" part? Apologies, I am not a developer.

{
"name": "magento/project-community-edition",
"description": "eCommerce Platform for Growth (Community Edition)",
"type": "project",
"version": "2.1.3",
"license": [
"OSL-3.0",
"AFL-3.0"
],
"require": {
"magento/product-community-edition": "2.1.8",
"composer/composer": "@alpha",
"magento/data-migration-tool": "2.1.3",
"omise/omise-php": "2.7.1"
},
"require-dev": {
"phpunit/phpunit": "4.1.0",
"squizlabs/php_codesniffer": "1.5.3",
"phpmd/phpmd": "@stable",
"pdepend/pdepend": "2.2.2",
"fabpot/php-cs-fixer": "~1.2",
"lusitanian/oauth": "~0.3 <=0.7.0",
"sebastian/phpcpd": "2.0.0"
},

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Safe to uninstall Data Migration tool?

I'm wondering the same.  Did you figure it out?  Thank you.

I backed-up my site and tried uninstalling the data migration tool using the command below, but it blew up my site, so don't do it!

composer remove magento/data-migration-tool

I'm still looking for a solution to upgrade Magento beyond 2.1.9.  When I try to upgrade via command line, I get the following result:

-------------

Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.23.0
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.22.1
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.22.0
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.21.0
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.20.0
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.19.0
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.18.2
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.18.1
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.18.0
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.17.2
- Installation request for magento/data-migration-tool 2.1.8 -> satisfiable by magento/data-migration-tool[2.1.8].
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.17.1
- magento/product-community-edition 2.2.1 requires monolog/monolog ^1.17 -> satisfiable by monolog/monolog[1.17.0, 1.17.1, 1.17.2, 1.18.0, 1.18.1, 1.18.2, 1.19.0, 1.20.0, 1.21.0, 1.22.0, 1.22.1, 1.23.0].
- magento/product-community-edition 2.2.1 requires monolog/monolog ^1.17 -> satisfiable by monolog/monolog[1.17.0, 1.17.1, 1.17.2, 1.18.0, 1.18.1, 1.18.2, 1.19.0, 1.20.0, 1.21.0, 1.22.0, 1.22.1, 1.23.0].
- Conclusion: don't install monolog/monolog 1.17.0
- Installation request for magento/product-community-edition 2.2.1 -> satisfiable by magento/product-community-edition[2.2.1].

------------

This leads me to believe that if I were able to uninstall the Data Migration Tool, the problem would be removed and I would be able to upgrade.  Can anyone advise whether this is correct, or if there's a better solution?  

Thanks!

Any official comment would be useful as there are many installing data migration tool guides but none of them properly explains how to fully remove it and the issues can be causing... Maybe @sherrie can help us here?