cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salable Quantity not updating after stock source import

Salable Quantity not updating after stock source import

I am setting up a new store on a local server. I imported products from several CSV files. I believe manage_stock was set to 1 and is_in_stock was set based on the stock. The initial stock should have gone to the default source. I then setup MSI with throee sources, my store and two drop ship warehouses. I imported the stock sources from CSV. I noticed that most of my categories were empty and the products were not showing up on the front end. I turned on show out of stock products and they all showed up so I realized that the issue was stock related.

When I look at the product grid, I see my inventory in the Quantity per Source column. However, in the Salable Quantity column, I see "No manage stock". The products only had two sources assigned. I tried editing a product and adding the Default Source. I saved the product and the Salable Quantity column showed correct inventory and the product would show up on the frontend. So for kicks, I added different sources and every time it seemed to fix the issue. So for more kicks, I opened the product and immediately saved the product. I was surprised to see that the inventory in Salable Quantity was fixed. So simply saving the product fixed it. Since I have thousands of products to update, I tried using bulk updates to update both attributes and assigning/unassigning sources none of these would I trigger the update. The only thing that has worked is manually opening each product and saving it. 

I started looking at the tables. I have looked at inventory_stock_1 and it was populated. The inventory_source_item table was populated correctly with one record for each product and source. l have about 27K products. When I checked cataloginventory_stock_status and cataloginventory_stock_item, they only had 7K products. I also noticed that each time, I saved a product in admin, the cataloginventory tables got a new record. 

I'm not sure exactly what happened to cause this. What would be an easy way to get this synced up? Can it be done with a bulk update? SQL? can I populate the categoryinventory tables from inventory_source?