cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server requirements - Magento 2 site is running slow

SOLVED

Server requirements - Magento 2 site is running slow

Hi,

I have Magento 2 site with ~30 000 SKUs. 99% of them are Simple products with ~10 attributes. Also, I have around 1000 categories and subcategories in total.

I am updating the products once per hour through the API.

Currently the site is running very slow.

If I try to open a category page (with products) which is not cached the CPU goes up to 99% usage.

I have both MySQL and Apache2 on the same server.

I followed all of the Magento 2 optimization steps I found.

Specs for hosting server is:

- 8GB RAM

- 4 cores CPU @ 2.4GHz

- 300GB HDD

Is this hardware enough for this type of store?

Any advice or suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Server requirements - Magento 2 site is running slow

It depends on your load. You will not be alone on the server, you know it. Imagine a scenario with 50 concurrent users, all querying the database and filtering products. The server will be then dead slow.

From my experience that specs are too low, even for development. You can get a dedicated server with much much better specs for under $100. Even then, without optimization you will still have speed problems.

If your business can't afford $100 then you have to step back and think what are you doing with 30K products and all this effort you put on your store, business-wise.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Server requirements - Magento 2 site is running slow

It depends on your load. You will not be alone on the server, you know it. Imagine a scenario with 50 concurrent users, all querying the database and filtering products. The server will be then dead slow.

From my experience that specs are too low, even for development. You can get a dedicated server with much much better specs for under $100. Even then, without optimization you will still have speed problems.

If your business can't afford $100 then you have to step back and think what are you doing with 30K products and all this effort you put on your store, business-wise.