cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time

Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time

Hi Everyone.

Our Magento 2 Store is currently in Development mode.

I am eventually getting to the stage where I can set up Shipping. We decided to allow Free Shipping on all items to make life easier, so this is the only thing selected in Shipping Methods, all others are set to Enabled "No". The Payment method is set to PayPal.

I then tried a test checkout out with a single item and got the following message on both the Estimate column and also the base of the subsequent Shipping page:

"Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time"

This means I cannot get past the Shipping Page.

I then went back to the Checkout page and tried Checkout with Paypal and a new error appeared that said:

PayPal gateway has rejected request. Account is restricted (#10002: Restricted account).

So I'm not going too well.....

I Inspected the page in Chrome and saw an error which is as follows:

1 exception(s):
Exception #0 (RuntimeException): Can't create directory /home/*username*/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Framework/MessageQueue/Publisher/Config/CompositeReader/.
Class Magento\Framework\MessageQueue\Publisher\Config\CompositeReader\Interceptor generation error: The requested class did not generate properly, because the 'generated' directory permission is read-only. If --- after running the 'bin/magento setup:di:compile' CLI command when the 'generated' directory permission is set to write --- the requested class did not generate properly, then you must add the generated class object to the signature of the related construct method, only.

So I checked the file structure in Cpanel and discovered the 'generated' directory was set to 755, so decided to try setting it to 775. After this, I followed the path to find this section Publisher/Config/CompositeReader/  after MessageQueue did not exist. Rather than simply add the directories I thought I should come here and ask why they did not appear and if I am about to cause any issues by manually adding them.

Could this problem also be the issue with PayPal?

Sorry for the novice question but after reading all of the other posts I found on this topic, none seem to have the exact same scenario.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time

Hey @simon_naish,

It looks like permission issue. 

Give the following permissions once and check. 

sudo chmod -R 0777 var/ pub/ generated/

I hope it will help you! 

Re: Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time

Turns out it was Folder Root level permission for the whole app that was the problem. Ownership of the folder was set to 'root' instead of the username. Something I completely overlooked. Thanks for your reply.