cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, something went wrong when creating shipping

SOLVED

Sorry, something went wrong when creating shipping

Hi everyone.

Since we have upgraded from 2.2.7 to 2.3.3 we have issues with creating shipping. 

At first it was just an annoying that the message always came up on the admin panel when we tried to create shipment at the admin panel. But it seamed to create and the shipping order was sent to the customer and the label was created at the re-seller that has the products. And in Magento admin panel, everything looked good and it had updated that the shipment was created. 

But today when we got this message it redirected us to a blank page and it had a just a text saying "shipped by tracking number". In Magento it was not registered  as successful, but the label was sent and printed out at the re-seller. 

Anyone have any idea why this happening? 

Any help and suggestion is appreciated   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sorry, something went wrong when creating shipping

Found the problem after i tailed the php-error.log. 

The problem was related to an extension that are linked to shipment.   

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@jan-petter_hanvIt seems like you do not have Magento dev in staff. This is an issue which a dev has to look into the code and find the possible cause of it. You need to look into the exception to see what error is coming when you try to create the shipment. That can help you dignose the problem with the code possibly.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

@Tarandeep Singh 

Thanks for your replay, yeah i'm quite new with Magento and i'm currently learning and about to do the certificate. 

Looks like I might have found the issue, looked in the error log and found a payment error for the order we tried to ship today. 

In the admin panel of the bank company we use said the payment was successful at 09:24 am, in the error log of Magento the payment has an error message:

[2020-01-14 09:30:02] dibs.ERROR: Failed sending request to dibs integration: PUT /v1/payments/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/referenceinformation [] []

[2020-01-14 09:30:02] dibs.ERROR: {"headers":{"Content-Type":"application\/json","commercePlatformTag":"NWTMagento2"},"json":{"reference":"555555555,"checkoutUrl":"https:\/\/www.cobiclub.no\/easycheckout\/"}} [] []

[2020-01-14 09:30:02] dibs.ERROR: {"reference":"555555555","checkoutUrl":"https:\/\/www.cobiclub.no\/easycheckout\/"} [] []

[2020-01-14 09:30:02] dibs.ERROR: Dibs Error: Checkout url cannot change domain [] []

[2020-01-14 09:30:02] dibs.ERROR: 400 [] []

Do you think this could cause the issue? 

Thanks. 

@jan-petter_hanvThat error looks to be of the Frontend and not the Backend. By frontend I mean customer website where a customer can browse the product catalog and make a purchase. Backend is Magento admin which is for merchants to manage the online store.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

@Tarandeep Singh 

Thanks again for your reply, 

I did check the exception.log and could not see any error around the time of the issue. 

The issues was 09:54 am(server time) and the first log from exception.log started from 10:45 am(server time)

Will I get a more detailed log if i activate developer mode? 

I have tried to replicate this issue in test and can not replicate the issue.

Any guidance or tips is appreciated.

Thanks 

Found the problem after i tailed the php-error.log. 

The problem was related to an extension that are linked to shipment.