cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static version pub/static/versionxxxx increases everytime I load the page

Static version pub/static/versionxxxx increases everytime I load the page

When I do static:deploy, the version text file is written in pub/static. When I repeatedly load the website and look at the source, the version number on the link is growing each time.

I checked the processes and nothing is running. It's probably not in a rebuild loop because text file in pub/static stays the same. But the browser request has the version incremented every second. If I wait a bit between the request, like for example 30 seconds, the version will have incremented roughly about 30.

What's going on? How can I debug this?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Static version pub/static/versionxxxx increases everytime I load the page

Hello @mike_g 

In which Magento mode you are working, It should be production for live site.

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Re: Static version pub/static/versionxxxx increases everytime I load the page

Site is in developer mode. Switching to Production mode produces an error
Error is not documented anywhere since it has no meaningful output
[[2019-01-10 01:16:52] main.ERROR: /opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/bin/php -f /home/myshop/public_html/shop-dev/bin/magento setup:di:compile 2>&1Compilation was started. %message% 0/7 [>---------------------------] 0% 1 sec 42.0 MiB%message% 0/7 [>---------------------------]
0% 1 sec 42.0 MiBProxies code generation... 0/7 [>---------------------------]
0% 1 sec 42.0 MiBProxies code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------] 14% 1 sec 44.0 MiB
Repositories code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------] 14% 1 sec 44.0 MiB [] []

The shop-dev site got into a rebuild loop

The DEV site LESS and PHTML files are compiled non-stop. There is nothing to see in the debug logs. The PROD site is fine, but as soon as we touch it, the same will happen. I added custom logging functions to the php compiler function I found in the code. I rebuild the indexes my self trough admin and my function logs all LESS files it works on. This is fine. However, there are no logs while the site keeps rebuilding itself. There may be a leftover file change watcher or something. I am unable to pinpoint after an hour or so and stopped looking into it