cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Emails Deliverability

Store Emails Deliverability

We have our site domain and email registered with 1and1.

However our site is hosted separately with a dedicated host. Magento 2.2.2.

We utilise the Newsletter Feature for customers who subscribe and receive an email to confirm their subscription upon which they receive a code in a second email

Like many store owners who run newsletter subscription box, many emails are entered by robots without permission of email address owner. Therefore, any automated emails triggered received by those spam email addresses may result in the owner themselves  reporting our email address.

I have heard recently that actually we should ensure that our ip address of our store is separate from our emails to ensure our site isn't penalised by search engines. I believe we meet this criteria since our store is hosted separately from where emails are sent.

However, i still worry for customers who receive transactional emails and the deliverability. Is there something that can be done to send emails via a method that reduces us being marked as spam for newsletter related emails that are sent? I've read about SMTP but am not sure how this works. Also I checked magento https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/system/email-communications.html who have recently said to avoid sendmail.

I am new to this. please kindly advise.

Best regards,

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Store Emails Deliverability

@TIMMY9 

You need some SMTP extension to configure in Magento.

use this link.

Hope it will help you.

Thank you,

However we have used this in the past from the Mageplaza but it never worked properly.

Hi @TIMMY9,

I am also using same extension for Magento 2.3.2 and working fine. It had some issue earlier, but it is fixed now. 

Try to install this extension using composer. May be some dependencies library/core module will install together. 

magento-2-smtp-extension

I hope it will help you!