Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tier Price and Checkout Promo Rule Creating Double Discount

Tier Price and Checkout Promo Rule Creating Double Discount

For example, I have following prices

Original Price: $100

Tier Price: $80 when buy 5

I also have a promotion when total amount is over $200, it will get a 10% discount for this product.

So, final price is $80 x 90% = $72

But what I expected is $100 x 90% = $90

From the doc, it shows

https://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/marketing/price-rules-shopping-cart.html

Determines the type of calculation that is applied to the purchase. Options:

Percent of product price discount

Discounts item by subtracting a percentage from the original price.

For example: Enter 10 in Discount Amount for an updated price that is 10% less than the original price.

Here the original price is $100, not $80.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tier Price and Checkout Promo Rule Creating Double Discount

Hi @maxchen6

Well , i understand the problem which you are facing !

But when we set tier pricing for any product and if we add that specific quantity into the cart , then original price of product is the tier price.

Meaning here in your case if i add 5 products in my cart , then per product price now is 80$ instead of 100$

And that cart price rule which you have created , its applied on total cart price with specific product amount discount. So "Percent of product price discount - is applied when we go on cart page , but if we have set tier pricing then from product page itself if we have add 5 product then its price gets changed to 80$

So now when we come at cart page its apply cart price rule - it will consider original price as 80$ as using tier pricing for 5 quantity price gets change per product to 80$

so that's the actual logic behind this and its native behavior of magento product , so yes both discount will be applied on the cart/checkout page !

Alternate option will be go with catalog price rule - if you just wanted to applied one rule. So over there you can exclude any specific product who have tier pricing concept - then only discount logic will be applied !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Re: Tier Price and Checkout Promo Rule Creating Double Discount

Hi ManthanDave,

Thanks for your explanation.

The excluding of products with tier price doesn't work in our case.

Do you have any idea about the code or the setting to calculate the price based on original-price instead of the price after tier price?

Thanks a lot.