cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two of my categories are showing a blank page with no products

Two of my categories are showing a blank page with no products

Hello Magento community,

I'm facing a menu categories problem in Magento 2.1.6 CE after a migration from a server to another 2 of my categories are empty! I reindex all the index many times, upgraded to Magento 2.2.5 but the two categories still empty

The php log show this error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPathIds() on null in /app/code/Magestore/Bannerslider/Block/Bannerslider.php:145\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: Magestore\Bannerslider\Block\Bannerslider->setCategoryPosition('category-page-b...')\n#1 /vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Generator/Block.php(284): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 /vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Generator/Block.php(159): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\Block->generateAction(Object(Magestore\Bannerslider\Block\Bannerslider), 'setCategoryPosi...', Array)\n#3 /vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/GeneratorPool.php(86): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\Block->process(Object(Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Reader\Context), Object(Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\Context))\n#4 /vendor/mage...\n', referer: /fr/chaises.html

All the other categories of the website are working good and not sure this php error is the source of my problem as i just look at the php log of the old server and the getPathIds() error was already on it!

I'm using:

php 7.0.30 version 

and

10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1 Debian 9.1

Do you have any idea on how i can solve this problem, if you need any further informations to understand my problem don't hesitate to prompt me and i get back to you asap

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Two of my categories are showing a blank page with no products

At first you should do this:

php bin/magento module:disable Magestore_Bannerslider

To check if the problem is in that extension. If the pages will appear - then check their Magestore support

Did you find it helpful? Please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution".
Meet 70+ extensions and templates for M1 & M2 in one place

thanks for your reply, I did disable the banner slider, reindexed and emptied the cache and still my categories are empty.

No error in any log file !! I really don't get it... I think that the indexes are not running well even if it tells it did

Hello, Did some one faced the same kind of problem! we have done everything we can to understand and solved it with no success!

We still convinced it's an index problem but when we re-index all the processes end with success and we still have no errors in our logs. Is there a solution to launch the reindex command in a debug mode?

I've had same issue on 2.2.6. Not sure what is the problem. Tried to force reindex and things like changing url, enabling, disabling category. I've ended up removing category and creating new (same one) again.