cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertex error in 2.4.3 - Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from (lookupurl): failed to load external entity

Vertex error in 2.4.3 - Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from (lookupurl): failed to load external entity

Hi everyone,

I have a Magento website that is using Vertex to calculate taxes. Recently, I've been getting the following error when calculating taxes, which prevents Vertex calculation from ever occurring:

[2022-10-04 17:03:12] report.CRITICAL: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from 'valid url' : failed to load external entity "valid url"

I talked to the Vertex team responsible for the credentials and they say they are valid and should work correctly. The credentials in question worked correctly and remained unchanged when the error started happening last week. I've also tested SOAP functionality outside of Vertex and SOAP appears to be working correctly. Using curl to test the URL in my local dev environment returns a correct response. What else could be causing this issue when SOAP is working and the endpoint is valid?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Vertex error in 2.4.3 - Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from (lookupurl): failed to load external en

The WSDL endpoint contains invalid text in the "parameter-types" section. This is usually encountered when parsing a SOAP request and a SOAP response that contains more than about assignment helper for one type of parameter. Please review the message enclosed below to ensure the proper configuration of your parser

Re: Vertex error in 2.4.3 - Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from (lookupurl): failed to load external en

I dug a little deeper and was able to get the exact error for why the SoapClient wasn't getting created:
"Warning: SoapClient:: SoapClient(): SSL operation failed with code 5. OpenSSL Error messages: error:0200100D:system library:fopen: Permission denied error:20074002:BIO routines:file_ctrl:system lib error:0B06F002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_file:system lib error:0200100D:system library:fopen: Permission denied error:20074002:BIO routines:file_ctrl:system lib error:0B06F002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_file:system lib error:0200100D:system library:fopen: Permission denied error:20074002:BIO routines:file_ctrl:system lib error:0B06F002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_file:system lib error:0200100D:system library:fopen: Permission denied error:20074002:BIO routines:file_ctrl:system lib error:0B06F002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_file:system lib error:1416F086: SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed in /opt/bitnami/magento/vendor/vertexinc/sdk/src/Utility/SoapClientFactory.php on line 72"

So it looks to me like some kind of failure to load a certificate. I'm using the Bitnami magento image, for reference: https://github.com/bitnami/containers/tree/main/bitnami/magento