cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Expiry date cannot have a year greater than 9999 in PhpCookieManager.php on line 148

Warning: Expiry date cannot have a year greater than 9999 in PhpCookieManager.php on line 148

Hello,

I am on Magento 2.2.6 CE and have recently used the php bin/magento setup:upgrade command and php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy en_US en_GB -f however now when trying to access the frontend I am presented with the following error:

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 1270760383118

Upon looking at the system.log file, it shows the following error:

[2018-10-23 17:21:25] main.ERROR: Warning: Expiry date cannot have a year greater than 9999 in /home/passionh/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Stdlib/Cookie/PhpCookieManager.php on line 148 [] []

However, I do not know what this means or how to fix it. I haven't made any changes to the site for the error to occur so it is completely random and beyond my scope of knowledge.

I can still access the backend of the site without any issues. Sorry if I have not posted in the correct format, however I am hoping someone can help based on the information provided.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Warning: Expiry date cannot have a year greater than 9999 in PhpCookieManager.php on line 148

Hi @Bergerman

ok i understand the problem you are facing !

Well here i would suggest you to update the value of cookie and session lifetime.

You can do it by below ways : 

1)  You can set the value in the admin by going to:

Configuration > General > Web > Default Cookie Settings> Cookie Lifetime  - Add 3600 as an value in this column -> click on save -> clear the cache

2) You can set the value in the admin by going to:

Configuration > Advanced > Admin > Security > Session Lifetime (Seconds). - Add 900 as an value in this column - click on save -> clear the cache

Then check it will works for you !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Re: Warning: Expiry date cannot have a year greater than 9999 in PhpCookieManager.php on line 148

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply! I found that solution elsewhere and tried it, unfortunately it hasn't worked.

This is line 148 of the PhpCookieManager.php file:

$this->extractValue(CookieMetadata::KEY_HTTP_ONLY, $metadataArray, false)

However it means nothing to me, so not sure it would be of much use to you!