cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We can't process Express Checkout approval.

We can't process Express Checkout approval.

PayPal checkout return "We can't process Express Checkout approval."  and payment got deducted and order not created for virtual product type but it is working well for other products.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: We can't process Express Checkout approval.

I am also having this issue since Magento 2.4

Does anyone have any solutions?

Anything on this?!

Freelance Web Developer - Graphic Designer - SEO Analyst
Conor Rhys Tomkins

Regular Checkout Error with PayPal: We can't process Express Checkout approval.

PayPal Express from Product Error: We can't place order

Magento 2.4.2

In my case it turns out it was a instore pickup extension that I installed.

To find out what it was, this is what I did.

Under stores > configuration > sales > payment method > PayPal configure > Advanced Settings

Set Debug mode to Yes

And just in case it helps

Under stores > configuration > sales > payment method > PayPal configure > PayPal Billing Agreement Settings

Set Debug mode to Yes

Check your system log in var > log

And payment.log is here if you want some info on the PayPal transaction

This is the error I got

main.CRITICAL: Exception message: Notice: Undefined index: in  /public_html/app/code/FME/StorePickup/Observer/SavePickUpObserver.php

To test, I turned off all delivery methods except Flat rate and then I was able to process an order.

In our case WEB pods restarting helps.  

Some process on random WEB pod kept files open and it was leading to error like:

main.CRITICAL: Exception message: The stream or file "/var/www/magento/var/log/payment.log" could not be opened in append mode: failed to open stream: Stale file handle

As a result we were getting error like "We can't process Express Checkout approval." which is fired in 2 places in "catch" block:

\Magento\Paypal\Controller\Express\AbstractExpress\ReturnAction::execute

\Magento\Paypal\Controller\Express\OnAuthorization::execute

Double-check that you have entered the correct API credentials for your payment provider. Ensure that you have both the API username and API password correctly entered in your integration. Check your payment provider account settings to ensure that you have the necessary permissions and configurations set up to process Express Checkout payments. If your payment provider offers a sandbox or test environment, try conducting a test transaction using the provided sandbox credentials. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your production environment or related to the integration setup. When encountering an issue with Express Checkout approval, review any error messages or error codes such as lesturf that are returned. These can provide insights into the specific problem and help guide your troubleshooting efforts.