cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why need to index db , to show newly added products ?

Why need to index db , to show newly added products ?

Hello.

Recently , I moved my Database from server hosting magento to its own remote server. everything is working fine, however, i notice , when i add new product to database , in order to see the new product on my site , i have to run Indexer otherwise , it wont display the items on site. 

Is this normal ? or have i missed something. 

I did have issue with binary log  that didn't allow me to change indexer mode .. that has been fixed. and also it stated in error , that db user is not super user .. 

current db user has All privileges assigned to .. so not sure what im facing . any suggestion would be great   

Update ; Mysql Server Version 8. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Why need to index db , to show newly added products ?

found the issues i was facing when moved database to new server . 

when originally database was created . different user was the DEFINER, replace Definer user in dump file. did fixed the issue with access denied error , during import and creation of VIEW . 

Indexers was not indexing , traced that to Cron .after looking and cron log file , noticed Time zone difference . although CRON was indexing the database , due to Timezone difference between webserver and database server, newly created Items didn't show . 

matched the timezone on db server , and so far , everything back to normal .