cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

csv import PLEASE how to upload images

SOLVED

csv import PLEASE how to upload images

Do i HAVE to put every individual image in the /pub/media/import folder?

I don't like the Magento product image structure based on filename letters.  I put the folder "mtg" with subfolders in the /pub/media/import folder hoping to keep some normal structure on import but keep getting errors.

I have no idea what to put in the Images File Directory part of the Import page in the Admin.

Can someone give me the definitive proper way to do this?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: csv import PLEASE how to upload images

To import images, before the process you need to place images at media/import folder - there should be no subfolders.

In your file just put image name with leading slash like - /imagename.jpg

Next during import Magento “reads” image name in the file and checks for the same name in media/import folder. If it finds it, Magento will resize your images to the correct dimensions and link to appropriate items, uploading image to definite subfolders that built picture hierarchy.

These 2 subfolders are created automatically and located under media/catalog/product directory. The first subfolder is created on the basis of the first character of image name. The second subfolder corresponds to second character of image name.

So for image with name - image123.jpg the path will be media/catalog/product/i/m/image123.jpg. Picture with name - shoes.jpg will be during import placed to - media/catalog/product/s/h/shoes.jpg

Here is also the article with more detailed explanation.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

To import images, before the process you need to place images at media/import folder - there should be no subfolders.

In your file just put image name with leading slash like - /imagename.jpg

Next during import Magento “reads” image name in the file and checks for the same name in media/import folder. If it finds it, Magento will resize your images to the correct dimensions and link to appropriate items, uploading image to definite subfolders that built picture hierarchy.

These 2 subfolders are created automatically and located under media/catalog/product directory. The first subfolder is created on the basis of the first character of image name. The second subfolder corresponds to second character of image name.

So for image with name - image123.jpg the path will be media/catalog/product/i/m/image123.jpg. Picture with name - shoes.jpg will be during import placed to - media/catalog/product/s/h/shoes.jpg

Here is also the article with more detailed explanation.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Thank you.

I'm really disappointed that i can't choose my own image folder structure.

With collectible cards, image is the focal point of the product.  It would be much better to be able to have my image structure like:

Game > Set > Card Image

Hello

Can you guys help me with product import?

I am getting " Can not find required columns: sku " error message all the time.

I have tried lot of different configurations of csv file but getting same message.

My Magento ver. 1.9.0.1.

Please help if you can

Hello @tigran

Re-save the file with UTF-8 encoding without BOM and try again.

If the error remains, please, check your file columns and data in them. They should be in format Magento 'insists on' -

https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/required-csv-file-values-for-error-free-magen...