cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error modules are outdated while db schema version and db data version in database are right

SOLVED

error modules are outdated while db schema version and db data version in database are right

i am getting this error from magento 2.2.6:

Exception #0 (Magento\Framework\Exception\LocalizedException): Please update your modules: Run "composer install" from the Magento root directory.
The following modules are outdated:
Plumrocket_Ajaxcart db schema version: defined in codebase - 2.0.0, currently installed - 2.0.1
Plumrocket_Ajaxcart db data version: defined in codebase - 2.0.0, currently installed - 2.0.1
Plumrocket_GDPR db schema version: defined in codebase - 1.1.0, currently installed - 1.1.1
Plumrocket_GDPR db data version: defined in codebase - 1.1.0, currently installed - 1.1.1
Plumrocket_Newsletterpopup db schema version: defined in codebase - 3.1.1, currently installed - 3.1.2
Plumrocket_Newsletterpopup db data version: defined in codebase - 3.1.1, currently installed - 3.1.2
Stripeofficial_Core db schema version: defined in codebase - 1.0.11, currently installed - 1.0.5
Stripeofficial_Core db data version: defined in codebase - 1.0.11, currently installed - 1.0.5

when i check in the database, i find that the db schema version and db data version for these modules are the same as the currently installed version. in the database i have these values:

Plumrocket_Ajaxcart db schema version: 2.0.1
Plumrocket_Ajaxcart db data version: 2.0.1
Plumrocket_GDPR db schema version: 1.1.1
Plumrocket_GDPR db data version: 1.1.1
Plumrocket_Newsletterpopup db schema version: 3.1.2
Plumrocket_Newsletterpopup db data version: 3.1.2
Stripeofficial_Core db schema version: 1.0.5
Stripeofficial_Core db data version: 1.0.5

the values in the error are different from the values in the database 'setup_module' table.

i tried "magento setup:upgrade" and "composer install" and "composer update", but it didn't fix it.

could someone help me with this error please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: error modules are outdated while db schema version and db data version in database are right

Hello @RaFr,

Most likely you have been working on this project before and already have a database in place which apparently has newer versions of the modules you're trying to use.

The current versions of the modules don't match the ones already stored in setup_module.

Possible solutions:

• Update the version of each module in setup_module to the one defined in the codebase (i.e. Plumrocket_Ajaxcart to 2.0.0)
  • Delete the entries for these modules in setup_module and run bin/magento setup:upgrade again to create the new entries with the correct version

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: error modules are outdated while db schema version and db data version in database are right

Hello @RaFr,

Most likely you have been working on this project before and already have a database in place which apparently has newer versions of the modules you're trying to use.

The current versions of the modules don't match the ones already stored in setup_module.

Possible solutions:

• Update the version of each module in setup_module to the one defined in the codebase (i.e. Plumrocket_Ajaxcart to 2.0.0)
  • Delete the entries for these modules in setup_module and run bin/magento setup:upgrade again to create the new entries with the correct version

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

the website was working fine, but i had an error while pushing it to github to deploy it on the staging server, and something went wrong while fixing that error and reverted these extensions back to their previous version. i uploaded them again and run the upgrade command and it works now

For anyone else getting this error when installing a module, it is helpful to know that you don't actually need to specify an exact version number. The one that is in the documentation is often out-of-date, and even the latest version shown in the change-log may not be the latest one in the repository. As a result, it can cause compatibility issues with the version already installed. 

So if you want to upgrade to the latest version, then just leave the version number off the command, eg:

composer require pluginbrand/pluginname

This will update with latest version, and then you can run the usual commands to upgrade the database and recompile, etc. This fixed it for me.