cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the stock item was unable to be saved. please try again 2.4.3

the stock item was unable to be saved. please try again 2.4.3

Hello there,

I am new to Magento, so I am a beginner here.
I once added 3 products but a long time ago, now that I'm getting back again at Magento i have this error:

"the stock item was unable to be saved. please try again"

I already checked the article: The-stock-item-was-unable-to-be-saved-Please-try-again
but I don't understand anything.

Also, I noticed something else, after my login, at the top appears this error: 

"One or more indexers are invalid. Make sure your Magento cron job is running."

I checked that i have to go to SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT and at this page it appears:

Catalog SearchRebuild Catalog product fulltext search indexUPDATE ON SAVEREINDEX REQUIRED

How can i reindex? Should i click at the top where the DROPDOWN MENU appears and click: UPDATE ON SAVE? if i click UPDATE ON SAVE, will it solve the issue with adding the product?

Please anyone give me a hand please!
I repeat, I am beginner at Magento so please i need a good explanation so i can understand what is happening!

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: the stock item was unable to be saved. please try again 2.4.3

@malokmalok1601 To reindex you should connect to your application root using SSH and run following command.

bin/magento indexer:reindex

When are you getting "the stock item was unable to be saved. please try again" error? Can you provide more details.

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Hello there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

To reindex by connecting to my application root using SSH, i don't know how to do it. 
It would be great if you could help me with a clear tutorial

And the error: "the stock item was unable to be saved. please try again" , i find it when i go to CATALOG > PRODUCTS > ADD A PRODUCT > SIMPLE PRODUCT

I tried to insert a product just with some simple details on it and this error appears. i don't understand the error. Just to let you know, i am trying to insert the product at ANOTHER CATEGORY (website), i don't know if this might cause any error somehow

Thanks again!

Hi there,

Did you solve your issue? "The stock item was unable to be saved. Please try again."

Thanks,

Mike

This error message typically indicates a problem with saving data to a database or file system. Possible causes could include a lack of permissions, insufficient storage space, connectivity issues, or an issue with the software or system being used.

To resolve the issue, try the following steps:

1. Check your internet connection and try again.

2. Ensure that you have the proper permissions to save the stock item.

3. Make sure that there is enough storage space available on your device or in the database.

4. Try saving the item at a later time, as the problem could be temporary.

5. If the issue persists, consider reaching out to the support team for the software or system you are using for further assistance.

@Newfel wrote:

Hi there,

Did you solve your issue? "The stock item was unable to be saved. Please try again."

Thanks,

Mike