My situation is this. I've imported products, orders and customers using third party tools to our new Magento 2.1 installation from our previous 1.9.2 version. It's taken some tweaking here and there, but it as mainly successful, and I'm certainly happy with the newer version.
My problem is as follows: When I go to an order from the previous installation the customers information and cart totals are there, but the "Items Ordered" section is empty. I'm reasonably sure that this is due to the fact that the product ID's have changed after import. SKUs are still there, and pricing hasn't changed for them.
I want to write a MYSQL script that will fix the broken product IDs. I am not sure what table data needs to be modified though.
If I open sales_order_item and manually change the product_id column to match the newer product ID, I get nothing on the back end. I assumed this would make the items populate into the order data, but clearly I'm missing something.
I've looked at the other columns in that table, and as far as I can tell nothing further need modification.
Any direction here would be helpful.
I found someone developed some custom SQL scripts for importing the customer and order data, and they dumped the ID's in exactly as it was before. They then updated any id to new EAV values where it was different. it is a very complex process. We also use Rapid Flow, to ease allot of things. On the other hand, Lit-extension provides magento migration extension to preserve order IDs, customer IDs on the Magento. However, it is not free.
I dont know what 3rd party tool you have used, I think you can not to create script to change Product IDs manually on database.
The best solution now is re-migration and you should find the tool able to preserve prodIDs during migration like Cosnett's suggestion.
I have solution to preserve ProductsIDs and CustomersID during migration, please pm me if you need