cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to upgrade to Magento 2.x (from 1.9)

Best way to upgrade to Magento 2.x (from 1.9)

I believe there is an easy way to do the migration from Magento 1 to 2?

Does anybody have any experience in doing it?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Best way to upgrade to Magento 2.x (from 1.9)

I think the best way to upgrade Magento from 1.9 to 2.0 is that you create a fresh new site on the Magento ver2.x. After that, you need to migrate your data from your current store on Magento 1.9 to Magento 2.x.

In terms of data migration, especially Magento migration, I highly recommend you using an automated migration tool that helps you transfer automatically all data from Magento 1.9 to Magento 2.x. I chose to go with an automated shopping cart service called LittExtension, because of its good price plan, perfectly performing demo and very kind, knowledgable support staff.

I tried their free demo first and it worked smoothly. However, as I went on with my full migration, the tool didn’t. I contacted the support team and found out that it was my fault when I set up the connector. I hadn’t read the instruction carefully. They quickly helped me out with step-by-step instruction and it took only about 20 minutes that everything could work correctly. After 4 hours, my migration finished without an error and I spent about a week after that to arrange my new store.

So, that's all my experience when upgrading and migrating data to Magento 2 with the automated tool. I hope you will have a successful Magento migration.

Hi @brusli_bravo ,

the best way to move to Magento 2 from Magento 1.9 to the latest version, first you should consult with experienced Magento developer who can suggest you proper plan of migration and for that, you can also refer

blog: Why You Should Migrate From Magento 1 to Magento 2 & How To Do It?

Magento Guides: Creating a migration plan

before the actual implementation, please take note of a few things that’ll help you to avoid landing yourself into problems such as data loss, or corrupted functionality!

• Backup your Magento 1 store with all files, folders, and the database.
  • Create a clone of your Magento 1 store. Do not use the live store for Magento migration process.
  • Analyze the store. Keep what you consider necessary and delete the rest.
  • Check the compatibility of current themes, extensions and custom code with Magento 2.
  • Migrate the data from the cloned database of Magento 1 store.
  • Get rid of the outdated and useless data from the database such as logs, recently viewed products, etc.
  • Install a fresh copy of Magento 2 on the same hosting server where your Magento 1 store is located.

If you have the technical expertise and can upgrade your Magento store on your own then you may find multiple guides that may help you in the process. 

But since you need an easy way for Magento migration then there are multiple solutions

• Use Magento migration tool that provides awesome support
  • Ask a credible Magento service provider to do it for you
  • Can also be done by Freelance Magento expert that has good reviews