cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories-option not displayed on Product-page in Catalogue of backend after migration

SOLVED

Categories-option not displayed on Product-page in Catalogue of backend after migration

Categories-option not displayed on Product-page in Catalogue of backend after migration M 1.7.0.3 -> M 2.1.3

Today I migrated the content from webshop A to B and during the migration proces of the data I had the following errors:

[2016-12-30 12:24:21][ERROR]: Source documents are not mapped: ajaxsearch,aw_blog,aw_blog_cat,aw_blog_cat_store,aw_blog_comment,aw_blog_post_cat,aw_blog_store,aw_blog_tags,bgsetting,catalin_seo_attribute_url_key,datafeedmanager_attributes,datafeedmanager_configurations,datafeedmanager_options,grid_newproduct,newproduct,newsladdressimport,permission_block,permission_variable,reviewemail,searchanise_config,searchanise_queue,shipping_matrixrate,watchlog,webwinkelconnect_log,webwinkelconnect_reviews,webwinkelconnect_stats,yotpo_rich_snippets
[2016-12-30 12:24:21][ERROR]: Source fields are not mapped. Document: sales_flat_creditmemo. Fields: cod_fee,base_cod_fee,cod_tax_amount,base_cod_tax_amount
[2016-12-30 12:24:21][ERROR]: Source fields are not mapped. Document: sales_flat_invoice. Fields: cod_fee,base_cod_fee,cod_tax_amount,base_cod_tax_amount
[2016-12-30 12:24:21][ERROR]: Source fields are not mapped. Document: sales_flat_order. Fields: cod_fee,base_cod_fee,cod_fee_invoiced,base_cod_fee_invoiced,cod_tax_amount,base_cod_tax_amount,cod_tax_amount_invoiced,base_cod_tax_amount_invoiced,cod_fee_refunded,base_cod_fee_refunded,cod_tax_amount_refunded,base_cod_tax_amount_refunded,cod_fee_canceled,base_cod_fee_canceled,cod_tax_amount_canceled,base_cod_tax_amount_canceled
[2016-12-30 12:24:21][ERROR]: Source fields are not mapped. Document: sales_flat_quote. Fields: cod_fee,base_cod_fee,cod_tax_amount,base_cod_tax_amount
[2016-12-30 12:24:21][ERROR]: Source fields are not mapped. Document: sales_flat_quote_address. Fields: cod_fee,base_cod_fee,cod_tax_amount,base_cod_tax_amount

Looking to the affected data I configured the map.xml file to ignore these errors.

After that I was able to run the migration without any problem.
As next step I did a re-indexed and cleaned the cache.

When I go in the backend to Products -> Catalogue and open a Product there is no possiblility to select a Category.
This option is completely missing!
The option is there when I select the option to create a new product.

When I go in the backend to Categories the complete structure of the migrated site is there.

I encountered this piece already when I was quite far with rebuilding the site.
After that I started debugging step-by-step end found out that it is already there after a clean migration.

Source: Magento 1.7.0.3
Target: Magento 2.1.3, clean install and no custom theme or extra extension.
Migration tool: https://github.com/magento/data-migration-tool (loaded today 30-12-2016)

Any help or suggestion welcome!

difference_categories_not_visible.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Categories-option not displayed on Product-page in Catalogue of backend after migration

This issue can be corrected manually by going to your product attribute sets immediately post-migration of your data, and dragging category_ids into the product's attribute set. I recommend doing this for every migrated product attribute set if you have more than one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Categories-option not displayed on Product-page in Catalogue of backend after migration

Hi @TechNix,

You mentioned that the categories are not showing up in the "New / Edit Product" page.

Are there categories in the store? If so, could you please upload a screenshot of the "Manage Categories" page?

Best regards.

Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hello Gabriel,

The Categories do show up in the 'New'-product option but don't in case I open a migrated product.

So, for all migrated products this field is missing.

When I go to categories the products are asigned to categories as in the original site.

But: when I go to a Product via Products -> Catalogue, open it (no Category-section displayed) and save it: all Category assignements for that product are gone.

Categories.jpg

This issue can be corrected manually by going to your product attribute sets immediately post-migration of your data, and dragging category_ids into the product's attribute set. I recommend doing this for every migrated product attribute set if you have more than one.