cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composer update - Products out of stock

Composer update - Products out of stock

Hi everyone

I have a problem after updated modules with composer, my products are out of stock now, cause I have a new column in admin > stock page : salable quantity

1 - It's empty now, every row. If edited a product than system filled with stock value and the product is be ok.

2- If turned off the modules that are connected salable quantity, my problem was gone.

I don't want to disable the modules, who knows what's going to happen in the future. So, I think I should copy the quantity values to salable quantity for each product. Can anyone help me do this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Composer update - Products out of stock

@katihuYou should be able to do it using default Magento product export/import. Export all the products which should have your inventory/quantity as well. Keep only 3 columns (sku, inventory and salable quantity) and remove all other. Copy inventory column data in salable quantity. Import 3 column product sheet and you'll be done.

Note: Column name may not be same as my comment above.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Thank you, I will try it on the test environment.

Out of curiosity, I looked at how well it exports. We use many accents, and this is a migrated database (1.9 -> 2.3). I noticed that there are some where you export with regular accents, but some where replace it with character codes.

If I import this, will the character codes appear on front-end or the accented letters used originally?

@katihuDid not follow what your question is. However it will be whatever in the database without any preprocessing.

Let know how your export/import work.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Sorry for my english.

So.... I did some investigation. The migration module did not fill the salable quantity cells of products.

I would like to copy the stock quantity value into the salable quantity cell for each product. Do you have SQL script already written for this?