I'm working on Magento 18.104.22.168 and I want to understand if is a good idea to migrate to Magento 2 or not.
I summarized this differences :
- Magento 2.0 is faster then Magento 1.x
- Some significant changes in the structure of directory which reduces the complexity of structure
- New technologies and latest versions (example Php, Jquery etc)
- Allows developer to setup automated test easily
- Many features are now integrate to Magento 2
- Improvements to checkout and other stuff
- There is any index to look up to decide when is a good moment to migrate to Magento 2?
- There are any hidden issue I have to know before?
- Someone ever try this migration? If yes do you see this big improvement?
- All my modules (third parts & hand-written) will be obsolete?
- Why Magento 1.x is still releasing new security updates if there is Magento 2?
I hope to listen to different experencies or solution to understand if is the right way.
Please if I said something wrong tell me.