cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Installations Interefering with One Another - What to do?

Magento Installations Interefering with One Another - What to do?

I have discovered that there is a second version of Magento 2 installed on my instance. This instance was moved from another host intact. Details are below.

Configuration:

I have Magento installed in the directory public_html\v23 (version 2.3.5-p1) and am upgrading to 2.4.3. All updates succeed, then when trying to access the UI or the admin panel, I get the following errors: Screenshot 2022-08-03 082154.png

However, composer show amzn/* shows the later version. In EVERY case, the "database version" corresponds to the version displayed by composer show.

After some investigation, I discovered that there is an installation of Magento in the public_html directory. Composer show in THAT directory shows versions equal to the "code version" shown above. 

It would be simple enough to upgrade the public_html version to 2.4.3, but I could also remove it. 

Recommendations?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento Installations Interefering with One Another - What to do?

@bobp_dgginc_com wrote:

I have discovered that there is a second version of Magento 2 installed on my instance. This instance was moved from another host intact. Details are below.

Configuration:

I have Magento installed in the directory public_html\v23 (version 2.3.5-p1) and am upgrading to 2.4.3. All updates succeed, then when trying to access the UI or the admin panel, I get the following errors: Screenshot 2022-08-03 082154.png

However, composer show amzn/* shows the later version. In EVERY case, the "database version" corresponds to the version displayed by composer show.

After some investigation, I discovered that there is an installation of Magento in the public_html directory. Composer show in THAT directory shows versions equal to the "code version" shown above. 

It would be simple enough to upgrade the public_html version to 2.4.3, but I could also remove it. 

Recommendations?

Allied Universal eHub Benefits

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.