cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento upgrade failed - Plugin initialization failed (require(../symfony/polyfill-php70/bootstrap.p

Magento upgrade failed - Plugin initialization failed (require(../symfony/polyfill-php70/bootstrap.p

Hi, I was updating Magento 2.3.1 to 2.3.7-p2 and the upgrade deployed until I ran into this message:

Plugin initialization failed (require(/home/rainbow/public_html/vendor/composer/../symfony/polyfill-php70/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory), uninstalling plugin
  - Removing magento/inventory-composer-installer (1.2.0)
    Update of magento/inventory-composer-installer failed

[ErrorException]
  require(/home/rainbow/public_html/vendor/composer/../symfony/polyfill-php70/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Something is missing from my installation of Magento. How can I fix this and continue with the upgrade?

Thanks

Pete

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Magento upgrade failed - Plugin initialization failed (require(../symfony/polyfill-php70/bootstr

Hello @nypedrogmad4a4 

It sims to be not upgraded to the composer file with all required plugins required for the new version. you can update the composer file of the new version and then try to upgrade the whole Magento.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

Re: Magento upgrade failed - Plugin initialization failed (require(../symfony/polyfill-php70/bootstr

How do I update the file? With a command or do I edit the json by hand? I'm not quite sure what to add. 

Thanks! 

Hello @nypedrogmad4a4 

You can update the composer by commands. or you can copy the file from the upgraded version and add it to your old Magento folder structure.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

Great idea. I will try that. Thanks. 

Hello @nypedrogmad4a4 

I wasn't quite sure what to copy over from the composer.json. Do I copy everything? I did that and got an error?

Hello @nypedrogmad4a4 

You just need to copy the whole file and paste it to the old Magento structure. what error you get on it?

I'm under a time constraint and I can't play around any more. I need to hire someone to do this for me, someone in America (no offense I need someone close to my time zone) who can do this for me and work with me. Can anyone recommend a service? 

You probably need to run composer to generate the bootstrap file and download vendors.

In your composer.json you will see a build bootstrap command that gets executed for you.

"post-install-cmd": [
"Sensio\\Bundle\\DistributionBundle\\Composer\\ScriptHandler::buildBootstrap"
],
If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool