I did migration from 184.108.40.206 to 2.2.2 using data migration tool:
I already posted my issue there but still no answers
I imported all 700 products successfully. However, after import, all imported products have the same problem:
Automatic linking is broken (url rewriting).
I'm trying to change any link from any imported product, leaving a checkbox with redirecting from old link to the new one, but nothing happens. The new link works. The old link stops working, because the redirect is not automatically created from the old link to the new link. The automatic redirection mechanism is broken (auto url rewriting).
But a very important point. Everything works fine for newly created products. If I create a new product then link auto creation (url redirection) works great.
I concluded that during migration there was an error for all the products, but the products are 700 items - I can not recreate them all manually this is very long.
I ask for help - what can you do with the already imported products, so that automatic redirection of links will work for them, too?
I don't have a lot of experience with that process so I can't be sure but what if you export the url's and then try to import into the new database those values.
Of course, you'll need to write some code, but I'm not sure if there is another way.
(Maybe using htaccess redirects could be another workaround)
(my 2 cents)
I've experienced this in the past. I've fixed it by downloading this free extension. https://github.com/olegkoval/magento2-regenerate_url_rewrites and then running it's command
php bin/magento ok:urlrewrites:regenerate
The import seems to get redirects messed up and this extension gives you the option to delete a regenerate them all.
I am very grateful for your help. But alas, I did this operation, but so far nothing has.
Still not working on imported products.
And i am sorry but this is not extension because this extension just run 3 commands:
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush
I can do it myself without this extension
Yes i know that issue in wrong db data - but if anybody explain which logic is in this issue i can fix it manual ---
I would still suggest trying that extension as it regenerates all url rewrites. running reindex like you said only checks for new rewrites so the old ones never get touched. Give it a go and let me know how it goes.
Yes i know there is also code inside this extension which remove old rewrite
I saw it
I tried but no success --- nothing changed at all
I opened imported product and changed url to the new --- nothing happend
Any way thanks for help