cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2

Migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2

I am trying to upgrade Magento version of my site from Magento 1 to Magento 2. In this case I am using Migration Tool. I used below command

php bin/magento migrate:data /php/htdocs/magento2/vendor/magento/data-migration-tool/etc/ce-to-ce/1.9.2.1/config.xml -vvv 

I am getting following error message.

D:\php\htdocs\magento2>php bin/magento migrate:data /php/htdocs/magento2/vendor/
magento/data-migration-tool/etc/ce-to-ce/1.9.2.1/config.xml -vvv

[2016-03-10 14:52:12][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: EAV Step]:
 started
[2016-03-10 14:52:12][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: Customer A
ttributes Step]: started
[2016-03-10 14:52:12][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: Map Step]:
 started
100% [============================] Remaining Time: 1 sec
←[0;31m[2016-03-10 14:52:16][ERROR]: Source documents are not mapped: athlete_ba
nnerslider_slides,athlete_bannerslider_slides_group,athlete_bannerslider_slides_
store,athlete_revolution_slides,athlete_revolution_slides_store,athlete_slides,a
thlete_slides_store,aw_arp_blocks,imaclean,iwd_stocknotification,m_feedexport_cu
stom_attribute,m_feedexport_feed,m_feedexport_feed_history,m_feedexport_feed_pro
duct,m_feedexport_mapping_category,m_feedexport_performance_aggregated,m_feedexp
ort_performance_click,m_feedexport_performance_order,m_feedexport_rule,m_feedexp
ort_rule_feed,m_feedexport_rule_product,m_feedexport_template,m_mstcore_attachme
nt,m_mstcore_logger,m_mstcore_urlrewrite,shipping_matrixrate,xmlconnect_applicat
ion,xmlconnect_config_data,xmlconnect_history,xmlconnect_images,xmlconnect_notif
ication_template,xmlconnect_queue,yotpo_rich_snippets←[0m
[2016-03-10 14:52:16][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: Url Rewrit
e Step]: started
[2016-03-10 14:52:16][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: Log Step]:
 started
[2016-03-10 14:52:16][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: Ratings St
ep]: started
[2016-03-10 14:52:16][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: Configurab
lePrices step]: started
[2016-03-10 14:52:16][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: OrderGrids
 Step]: started
[2016-03-10 14:52:16][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: Tier Price
 Step]: started
[2016-03-10 14:52:16][INFO][mode: data][stage: integrity check][step: SalesIncre
ment Step]: started

[Migration\Exception]
  Integrity Check failed

Exception trace:
 () at D:\php\htdocs\magento2\vendor\magento\data-migration-tool\src\Migration\M
ode\Data.php:92
 Migration\Mode\Data->runIntegrity() at D:\php\htdocs\magento2\vendor\magento\da
ta-migration-tool\src\Migration\Mode\Data.php:61
 Migration\Mode\Data->run() at D:\php\htdocs\magento2\var\generation\Migration\M
ode\Data\Proxy.php:95
 Migration\Mode\Data\Proxy->run() at D:\php\htdocs\magento2\vendor\magento\data-
migration-tool\src\Migration\Console\MigrateDataCommand.php:51
 Migration\Console\MigrateDataCommand->execute() at D:\php\htdocs\magento2\vendo
r\symfony\console\Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command.php:257
 Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run() at D:\php\htdocs\magento2\vend
or\symfony\console\Symfony\Component\Console\Application.php:874
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand() at D:\php\htdocs\magento2
\vendor\symfony\console\Symfony\Component\Console\Application.php:195
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at D:\php\htdocs\magento2\vendor
\magento\framework\Console\Cli.php:49
 Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->doRun() at D:\php\htdocs\magento2\vendor\symfony
\console\Symfony\Component\Console\Application.php:126
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at D:\php\htdocs\magento2\bin\mage
nto:25

Actually I am learning this. I need a basic solution for this.

How can I get a error free result ??

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2

So this is just letting you know that you need to create mappings or ignore entries for the custom tables you have in your Magento 1 database (these are usually created by third party modules).

The tool gives you a list of tables you need to map / ignore here:

Source documents are not mapped: athlete_ba
nnerslider_slides,athlete_bannerslider_slides_group,athlete_bannerslider_slides_
store,athlete_revolution_slides,athlete_revolution_slides_store,athlete_slides,a
thlete_slides_store,aw_arp_blocks,imaclean,iwd_stocknotification,m_feedexport_cu
stom_attribute,m_feedexport_feed,m_feedexport_feed_history,m_feedexport_feed_pro
duct,m_feedexport_mapping_category,m_feedexport_performance_aggregated,m_feedexp
ort_performance_click,m_feedexport_performance_order,m_feedexport_rule,m_feedexp
ort_rule_feed,m_feedexport_rule_product,m_feedexport_template,m_mstcore_attachme
nt,m_mstcore_logger,m_mstcore_urlrewrite,shipping_matrixrate,xmlconnect_applicat
ion,xmlconnect_config_data,xmlconnect_history,xmlconnect_images,xmlconnect_notif
ication_template,xmlconnect_queue,yotpo_rich_snippets

To do this, create your own map.xml file and update your /1.9.2.1/config.xml file to not use the standard one. You could also map these to new tables. For example:

<source>
        <document_rules>
            <ignore>
                <document>athlete_bannerslider_slides</document>
            </ignore>
<ignore>
<document>athlete_bannerslider_slides_group</document>
</ignore>
</document_rules>
</source>

Don't upgrade to Magento2, we have the most ridiculous problems with clean installs so an upgrade and you will just be banging your head against a wall. The code base has changed, not the business functionality but no-one seems worried about that, so your themes and extensions will break.

Create a new clean instance, and migrate everything either by hand or there are a couple of online services to download data and re-upload such as customers and products. The orders you are best to keep the old system read-only for customer service. After all that you will quite probably decide Magento2 is not ready and go back to the old version or move to a different technology, that's what we are working through at the moment with some SMBs.

You have old and stable or new and useless, we want new and stable but that's not going to happen any time soon, so our partners are looking at other platforms including building their own as the whole Magento ecosystem has gone backwards. You can run 1.9x for many years to come, and when you've made you $millions you can have some consultants install Hybris or Demandware with Adode Experience Manager.

Plus for reference, most of the extensions and themes are not PHP7 compatible, which any rational provider would use for Magento2. We were informed by our partners the other day as it cost a few $1,000s to work out that the theme they were using was marked as compatible for Magento2 but was ultimately never PHP7 tested.

Update: just received a partner note from the architects. We are rolling back all Magento2 upgrades and reverting back to 1.9x with HHVM on AWS clusters. Factors: Magento2 closed down read/write database; the extensions and themes are not PHP7 tested; Magento2 is not enterprise stable; onboarding and dynamic pricing solutions need to be refactored; core extensions including fraud detection not ported; payment gateways not ported.

could not agree more, my company (on Chile) has grow from 1USDmm a year to about 20+-USDmm in sales with magento 1.9,1.1, and me as the "root" and owner of the company was thinking about enterprice but looking at all those post and all the issues, an above all the not worthy answer of the official team, i will not be moving anytime soon