cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Magento 2 from 2.18 to current 2.2.6

Upgrade Magento 2 from 2.18 to current 2.2.6

How long does it take a good developer to upgrade Magento 2 community from 2.18 to 2.2.6. Time Wise?   Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Upgrade Magento 2 from 2.18 to current 2.2.6

Hi @Tufftruck

I understand the question you have asked !

In this case multiple scenario will be involved - but mainly it depends on the customization you have done in your current version of the magento system also it depends on the third-party extension which you have installed in current version of the magento !

If all the third-party extension is compatible with the newer version of magento 2.2.x - and also not that much customization is done in the current version of the magento system - then i would say - 30 to 40 hours of work would be needed to upgrade magento version 2.1.8 to 2.2.x 

If we consider a huge amount of customization and good number of third-party extension installed then i would say 50 to 60 hours to upgrade the version !

Note : This is based on my experience and skills , it may get vary based on the other developers experience !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Dave I guess you do not understand the question it is 4 to 5 hours. Thanks anyway.

Hi @Tufftruck

I understand your question in depth 

If you wanted to migrate from 2.1.8 to 2.2.6 - then based on my experience it will required at least 30 hours for complete migration  - but if you have only vanila (Blank) version of magento version 2.1.8 and if you would like to upgrade to 2.2.6 then i would agree with you and it required 4 to 5 hours only !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution