I want to upgrade magento 2.4.2-p1 to 2.4.6-p2 can you provide me best procedure for upgrade magento 2.4.6-p2. Right now my system configuration composer 1.10.22 , php 7.4, Elasticsearch 7.x,
can you suggest me when and what system requirement update for upgrade magento 2.4.6-p2?
We're currently in the process of updating one 2.4.2 to 2.4.6, this is a big update because you're going up a major version of php, which means there will likely be a lot of extensions and custom code that will break and you'll need to handle deprecated functionalities of the old php.
As far as system requirements, you'll need:
php 8.2 or 8.1
Here are some steps that I found out on how to safely upgrade Magento from version 2.4.2-p1 to 2.4.6-p2:
1. Backup your current site files and database - essential safeguard before any upgrade.
2. Review release notes and compatibility information for all versions between your current and target version. Look for any notes about changes impacting your site.
3. Use Composer to update your Magento code base: `composer require magento/product-community-edition=2.4.6-p2`
4. Run upgrade scripts to update the Magento DB: `php bin/magento setup:upgrade.'
5. Recompile code and static files:
`php bin/magento setup:di:compile`
`php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy`
6. Flush caches and verify site is functioning properly in production mode.
7. Re-run benchmarks/testing to ensure performance characteristics as expected.
8. Remove old code files from prior versions after confirming site stability.
Take your time and check each step along the way. Also, consider staging environments to test major version upgrades first.