cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Bitnami AWS Magento to 2.2.1 - but got some issues with MagePal GmailSmtpApp afterwards

Upgraded Bitnami AWS Magento to 2.2.1 - but got some issues with MagePal GmailSmtpApp afterwards

Hi,

I just upgraded an Amazon Lightsail server with Magento 2.1.6 to the 2.2.1 version (this was not possible through the Web Interface so I had to do it through the CLI).

Initially I ran in to some issues when running the "php bin/magento setup:di:compile" command, the culprit appeared to be the MagePal GmailSmtpApp plugin.

To get the upgrade process going further I chose this way of working around the install issue, because the accepted answer in the same thread was a bit unclear to me. I did not really understand what the poster was trying to communicate.

However, the upgrade process ran along and the Magento version is now 2.2.1 but now I'm getting some issues with the e-mails the server is supposed to send (naturally)

For instance, when trying to change a users password, I get the following error: "Unable to send mail." Which makes sense. Magento no longer has the proper set up for connecting to a SMTP server to send e-mails regarding password changes, account creations, orders and so on.

But now, when trying to reinstall the MagePal SMTP plugin (by following the install instructions here) I get stuck at the point where I am supposed to run the "

php -f bin/magento module:enable --clear-static-content MagePal_GmailSmtpApp" command and I get the following output:

Autoload error: Module 'MagePal_GmailSmtpApp' from '/opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/app/code/MagePal/GmailSmtpApp' has been already defined in '/opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magepal/magento2-gmailsmtpapp'

It seems as though there are some remains of the plugin somewhere on the server, which is prohibiting me from getting it installed again.

Does anyone know how this can be solved?