I am upgrading from 2.0.4 to 2.0.7 using the wizard.
The system upgrade status shows: Update application is running
The last item on the console log is:
[2016-05-24 16:10:02 UTC] ./composer.json has been updated
That was over an hour ago. How do I determine if its still running or if I need to take some other action? How long should it take?
Update - I found this error:
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1245184 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/magento2/update/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Cache.php on line 72
I tried updating the PHP memory_limit to 4G (per another post I saw somewhere) but that did not work.
I finally got my Magento 2.04 upgraded to 2.07 - after experiencing several frustrating issues. I'm not a technical person, so thought I would share my experience in hopes that it might help others who are also not technical:
1. Readiness Check - I experienced problems here with my cron jobs. Took me quite a while to figure out how to get those set up, but I was finally successful. Using an SSH terminal, logged in as root - I created the cron jobs. There was no information on how to actually create these (ie use the editor in the SSH terminal). A good source I found was: http://php-opensource-help.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-set-up-cron-job-file-using-putty.html.
2. Backup - This required several directories to have permissions updated. Got through that using CHOWN command. Then the backup failed. No message other than "server error". Turned out I needed to change the PHP max_execution_time to 1800 in order for the backup script to run successfully.
3. System Upgrade - my system kept hanging after ./composer.json had been updated. No error given on the log, it just sat there. Eventually I found an error that was emailed to me (I'm guessing because of the cron jobs - but not sure). It turned out that I needed to edit my PHP.ini file and change the memory_limit to 10G. That fixed it.
4. Since my upgrade was hung on system upgrade - in order to get to the point that I could re-run, I had to go in and:
a. disable maintenance mode: php bin/magento maintenance:disable
b. deleted the var/cache directory content (this may have been unecessary, but it didn't hurt anything).
c. deleted from the var folder - update_in_progress.flag file
5. After the upgrade completed, then I had a ton of PHP errors again. It turned out that upgrading changed permissions and the ownership of several files and folders back to root. I ran in SSH: chown -R user/group <magento directory>. This changed all directories and files under my magento directory to the correct user and group.
SUCCESS! It only took me 8 hours to get through all this. But I am now running version 2.07 and have documented all so that hopefully the next upgrade will go much more smoothly.
This tool allows you to migrate your Magento to version 2.0.7 with ease https://is.gd/IMLMvs . It will take some hours to finish all.
Thanks for your sharing about upgrading Magento 2.x. Feel likes many errors can be happen and become dangerous for store data.