cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visitor traffic falls dramatically after upgrade from Magento 1.8.x to Magento 2.3.4

Visitor traffic falls dramatically after upgrade from Magento 1.8.x to Magento 2.3.4

Immediately after we did a 1:1 migration from M 1.8.x to M 2.3.4 running on PHP 7.2 our visitors and also revenue fell dramatically from 500 visitors per month to 50. All CMS, alll products all Meta keywords (present for all CMS, blocks, categories and products) were migrated 1:1. Now I have a responsive shop with 10% traffic. Expected the other direction. google analytics code is also the same as before

I know it is a special question with 100 of factors influencing it but I wanted to reach out to the community if there are similar experiences or if I simply missed the "don't forget to...." recommendation. Upgrade was done 1:1 as per devdocs.

Here my traffic decrease, the arrow points to the launch date.

SID traffic.jpg

many thanks

JR

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Visitor traffic falls dramatically after upgrade from Magento 1.8.x to Magento 2.3.4

well, it is not normal after 7 months now, any suggestions?

Re: Visitor traffic falls dramatically after upgrade from Magento 1.8.x to Magento 2.3.4

Hi @jrosen 

There can be n number of factors because of which it might have happened.

Did you do a SEO audit after migration to Magento2? If your development website had settings like noindex,nofollow, did you revert it back?

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

How is your business currently performing ever since you recognized the decrease in visitor traffic. Have a review on URL structure of every page on your new website and see if there's any difference to its older format. It might be the case you lose your pagerank after upgrading from M1 to M2. If, still, there isn't a sign of recovering, I suggest you consider choosing the SEO URL migration package from an available cart migration expert.

Thanks for providing the information FaceTime