cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's it like to work full-time as a Magento developer?

What's it like to work full-time as a Magento developer?

I got an offer for a Magento developer position. I've worked with Magento for about a year at my current position (at an agency working on e-commerce sites and other sites), and as everyone has said it's been a frustrating process to learn and work with compared to other projects I work on. The company that I'll be working at is big and has a good reputation, but I wonder if it's worth it to take the position they're offering as a Magento developer, both in the longer run (careerwise) and from the standpoint of having to work on Magento all day every day. Are there any dedicated Magento devs (or devs who've worked with Magento a lot) out there who would be willing to talk about their experience working with Magento and how they see its future prospects?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: What's it like to work full-time as a Magento developer?

Hello
If I say in one line
We have been working ONLY with Magento since almost 9 years now...
You won't find such a robust platform for e-commerce website.
Actually there are tons of blogs written out there Magento Vs Shopify, Magento Vs this and that, you will see Magento comes out with something special in any comparison.

About your career as Magento 2 is growing very fast and growing it's community as well, we feel it's bright.

Magento is part of Adobe now so you can expect more and steady growth then before with clear vision. Magento is always making a new benchmark with every new release.

About complexity, yes you may feel it like bit complex, but as much experience you will take in Magento, you wont feel it like..

So go ahead and don't worry about anything.
All the best.
Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hello @tedowsgomes_ted 

I suggest to work in magento platform and it's good for future.. 

I already worked from last 7 years. and growing more only in magento.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Thank you

Anant P

Thank you
Anant Prajapati
Magento Certified Developer

Hey!

As a developer, all you want freedom. Freedom of what?

To play with code as per your own requirements and mold the store as you want.

Therefore, Magento is one of the ecommerce platforms that's an open-source and 

offer you to perform a bunch of customization.

So what's your's why for not picking up Magento? I wish you've wonderful career with Magento. 

Good Luck!

Great Information.Thanks for sharing

I'm glad to read this information! Wish you good luck! When I decided to find a part-time job, I understood that the most important point for that was to write a good resume. With the help of WritingJudge I found a good service that was eager to help me with my resume for affordable price.