In effort to keep our extension Marketplace up to date with the latest and greatest extensions, we are implementing a new set of rules to keep the Marketplace clean and fresh. These rules will be enacted through a series of clean-up events. The first clean-up event will occur on June 15, 2020 and will repeat every 6 months to ensure our marketplace has the freshest extensions for our merchants.
What will be removed?
- Extensions, themes, and shared packages that are only compatible with unsupported versions of Magento Commerce – 2.0 and 2.1. We want to ensure we only provide merchants with what Magento can support.
- Extensions, themes, and shared packages that have not submitted an update in the last 12 months. Our goal is to ensure the Marketplace extensions have been tested against at least one of the two latest patch versions on a supported release line.
What does this mean for extension developers and tech partners?
- If your extension meets any of the removal criteria, it will be removed on June 15, 2020.
What does this mean for store owners and solution integrators?
- If you are using an extension that meets the clean-up criteria, you will still have access to it via composer through repo.magento.com, but you will not be able to find it on marketplace.magento.com.
- This is a great time to make sure you have a plan to upgrade to the latest supported version of Magento.
How do I keep my extension from getting removed in the clean-up?
- You must submit an updated version before June 1, 2020 that has compatibility with Magento Commerce 2.3. This will give us enough time to get your extension tested and publish the updated version.
What happens to the removed extensions?
- The extension will still exist in repo.magento.com and any stores using the extension will continue to use it.
If an extension is removed, how do I get it back?
What about my M1 extensions?
- We will have a separate removal process for M1 extensions and themes to align with our end of support for M1 in the summer.
If you have any questions, our marketplace support team is hereto help.