cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketplace developers can now request a Magento Commerce Cloud sandbox

etalbott

Magento Commerce has grown by leaps and bounds with the support of a loyal and very passionate developer community.  We continue to see strong demand from merchants for top quality extensions. The Magento Marketplace team is very happy to announce that in addition to allowing all developers to request a Magento Commerce development license we're now enabling you to request access to a Magento Commerce Cloud sandbox account. 

In the past, it's been hard for developers to develop and test against Magento Commerce because many don't have access to the code base or Cloud environment. Not anymore!  We have updated the Marketplace Master Terms to include verbiage for the Magento Commerce Platform which means every developer who creates a Magento Marketplace account can request a Magento Commerce dev license (e.g., a license for the product formerly known as Magento Enterprise Edition) and Cloud sandbox.  Once you've developed and tested your extension, we look forward to seeing it submitted for inclusion on Magento Marketplace. 

This is a great opportunity for you to join hundreds of developers on Marketplace and reach thousands of merchants running Magento Commerce.

We also encourage all developers to ensure M2 extensions are compatible with Magento 2.2 which launched in Q4 of 2017 and has already seen hundreds of live Magento Commerce sites and thousands of Magento Open Source sites. We anticipate these numbers to grow significantly in 2018 as adoption of Magento 2.2 grows.

Learn more about Magento sandbox provisioning by reviewing this article.

5 Comments
kgerasimov
M1 Certified

How do I request access to Magento Commerce dev license? Through the same link that has been posted?

etalbott

That's correct, the Commerce dev license and sandbox are both included in the request form.

aurangzeb_agha
Occasional Visitor

Hi - I requested access to a Commerce Cloud sandbox a few weeks ago and not heard anything back. Is there a way to check on the status of my request?

aurangzeb_agha
Occasional Visitor

Hi. I've put in a request in May and still not heard back.

SALESmanago_m_a

Hi, it's almost 2 week passed and no back information. Could somebody help, please?