cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

sherrie
Community Manager

Introduce Yourself!

The best part of attending events is meeting new people in the Magento community. So now's your chance to introduce yourselves before we even arrive!

• What's your name?
  • What does your company do?
  • What's your role?
  • What are you looking forward to at MagentoLive UK?
  • Have you been to a Magento event before?
  • What's your favorite way to spend your free time?

I'll start:

In case you don't know me, I'm Sherrie and I'm the Community Manager here at Magento.

I actually haven't been to MagentoLive UK since 2012 so I'm really looking forward to attending again this year! I've also been to Imagine, MageTitans Italy, MagentoLive UK, Meet Magento NY, Meet Magento Spain, Meet Magento Germany and Meet Magento Netherlands.

When I'm not hanging out here you can usually find me hiking, biking or wandering around the beach with friends. Smiley Happy

Can't wait to see you there!

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical
24 REPLIES 24
PNdradburn
M1 Certified

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Howdy!

I'm Douglas and I work as Magento Team Lead at PureNet Solutions in York, UK.

I've been to MLUK for the past couple of years, and I'm really looking forward to the Magento 2 deep dive.  I'm a developer at heart, but I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing the success stories of merchants whilst I'm there too.

I've been to Mage Titans (and Mini), as well as previous MLUK events.

I've got a 1 year old boy, so no time for hobbies other than looking after him and finding fun new things to do! Smiley Happy

Pronko
Magento Master

Hi there,

In case you don't know me, I am Max Pronko. Currently I am holding CTO position at GiftsDirect.com and TheIrishStore.com. My company is the Irish gifts provider for USA and EU.

Last year I have had a chance to attend Magento Live UK 2015. It was my first conference as non-Magento employee. This year I am planning to give a talk about technical aspects of Magento 2.

You may find me on different Magento-related conversations on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Stack Overflow, GitHub. I will be happy to meet you at this upcoming Magento Live UK conference and chat with you about Magento 2.

jamescowie
Magento Certified

Holla I cant wait for this years MLUK16,

I am James Cowie,

I work for SessionDigital / Inviqa and we are a solutions partner,

I am Technical Team Lead 

I mainly look forward to meeting up with old and new friends and sharing what we have all learned.

This will be my 3rd MLUK

I spend my free time working on pet projects Smiley Happy

RebeccaBrocton
Core Contributor

Yo! 

My name is Rebecca but you can call me any variation that you fancy: Bex, Becca, Bec, Ribs etc. 

I'm a Project Manager at iWeb based in Stafford and, we provide eCommerce businesses with Magento Solutions. 

I think it would be easier to list what I'm not looking forward to = Nothing! I can't wait to listen, learn, meet people, grab some swag and drink cocktails Woman Wink

This will be my second Magento event, with my first being MLUK15! 

Free time?! What's that? Lol just kidding, I love gaming, walking, traveling, listening to music, taking photos, trying new things and, of course, gin. Woman LOL

I can be a bit socially awkward but I don't bite, so don't let that put you off speaking to me! Woman Very Happy Woman Very Happy

Follow me on twitter:@RebeccaBrocton | wearejh.com

Hi all, I'm Rich Godwin and am in the Channel team at Cogeco Peer 1. We're a global hosting provider and have optimised stacks and packages designed specifically for Magento 1 & 2, nobody can make Magento sites run faster!
    I'm specifically looking forward to the session on migrating from Magento 1 to 2 (4.15pm on Monday) and the Magento 2 deep dive on Tuesday morning, as well as finding out more about Magento 2.1. Also can't wait to hang out with the Magento community, you guys were awesome fun at Imagine this year!
    In my spare time I enjoy DIY & chopping wood for the log-burner, but my baby daughter ensures that I have no spare time!
      See you all at MLUK!

ThienLan
New Contributor

Hello everyone!

Thanks Sherrie for giving us the opportunity to get to know each other a little before the event.

• I'm Thien-Lan Weber. Thien-Lan means Heavenly Orchid in Vietnamese, please don't cut it in half Smiley Wink I was born and grew up in France, spent 11 years in Australia, 1 year in Switzerland and now I'm in Oslo, Norway.
  • OneStepCheckout is a Magento extension that simplifies checkout to reduce cart abandonment ad therefore increase conversion and return visits.
  • I'm looking after Sales and Marketing and this time at MLUK16 I won't have my developer with me so please be gentle on the technical jargon Smiley Tongue
  • I'm looking forward to three things: 1) helping UK merchants with their cart abandonment challenges, 2) say thank you in person to agencies and partners who have been supporting us for the last 6 years and of course 3) meet new members of the Magento Ecosystem and come up with some kick ass collaboration ideas... oh and trying out Android Pay around London Smiley Tongue
  • I joined the world of Magento last November and my first event was Imagine 2016. It was so amazing both from a personal and a professional point of view. That's why I'm back for more 2 months later!
  • Favorite way to spend my free time: joke around with my kids, dine out, spend time with friends and family, travel, sing karaoke, dance, laugh.

PS: does anyone know how I can change that avatar to an actual picture of me?

sherrie
Community Manager

So looking forward to seeing you there @ThienLan @richardgodwin @RebeccaBrocton @jamescowie @Pronko and @PNdradburn! Smiley Happy

Thien-Lan: Click on your username / avatar up top and then click My Settings:

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 8.39.17 AM.png

Then click on the Avatar tab and you can upload one. It's not super intuitive - sorry!

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 8.39.49 AM.png

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical
RebeccaBrocton
Core Contributor

Hi Sherrie, 

Is the upload not there for everyone?

Screenshot

Woman Happy

Follow me on twitter:@RebeccaBrocton | wearejh.com
PNdradburn
M1 Certified

Yep - I don't have this option either Smiley Sad