I've started working on a decent scale e-commerce site that is using magento (obviously) recently here. There is an issue on the site where there is a large volume of orders being placed, apparently by some sort of bot network, for goods that are easily resold on the street. Up to dozens of these attempts at fraudulent orders are going through per day, and I believe that some of them are succeeding, as well, though this is maybe 1 in 20 at best.
At this point, I'm trying to figure out how to better diagnose this issue. I've got a few questions on that, such as:
Actually I thought there were more questions that I had on that, but that's all I'm coming up with right now. I'll add more to this should I think of any of the other potentials. Absolutely any advice or pointers in the right direction for information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time in advance!
1) Are you sing pay by cheque or cash on delivery payment methods?
2) You can see the ip from whihc order was placed in the order details in admin under Placed from IP label.
3) Are you using latest version of Magento?
4) Try applying all the released security patchs to your site.
5) You can dissble guest and enable Magento captcha on the user registration and login page.