cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upgrade my Magento 1.5 store to Magento 2.3?

How can I upgrade my Magento 1.5 store to Magento 2.3?

Hi,

I'm currently using Magento 1.5 and wish to perform the upgrade to 2.3. What is the fastest way of doing that?
Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How can I upgrade my Magento 1.5 store to Magento 2.3?

Hi @sarah_marsters 

You can upgrade using Data migration tool.

It is not possible to direct migrate form Magento 1.5.1.0 to 2.3.x because when you install migration tool you will get minimum version is 1.6.0.0.

I suggest you to first upgrade to 1.9.4.3 and then migrate to magento 2.3.x

for more info:
https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/migration/bk-migration-guide.html

I hope it will help you!

I hope it will help you!

@sarah_marstersNot sure what do you mean by fastest way. Will try to list down different component of migration. Depends on what all component you want you can determine your timeline.

Following are the items need to take care off:

1. Data (core Magento)

2. Customer Extension data (3rd party or your own developed)

3. 3rd Party Modules.

4. Any customization you may have.

5. Theme / Design

Migration time depends on how customized & complex is your M1 is. What all modules and functionalities you want to retain etc..

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

You need to purchase this service only: Magento 2 Upgrade Services

Why Upgrade to Magento 2?

1. Enhanced Performance: Faster load times and improved overall website performance.
  2. Mobile-Optimized: Responsive design for seamless shopping on all devices.
  3. Security Reinforcement: Latest security patches to protect customer data.
  4. SEO-Friendly: Built-in tools to boost search engine rankings.
  5. Streamlined Checkout: User-friendly and optimized checkout process.
  6. Customizable and Scalable: Easily tailor the store with extensions and themes.
  7. User-Friendly Admin Interface: Effortless management of products, orders, and customers.
  8. Seamless Data Migration: Smooth transition from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
  9. Access to Latest Features: Leverage cutting-edge functionalities.
  10. Ongoing Support: Continuous updates and assistance from Magento experts.

With our Magento 2 Upgrade Service, you can take your e-commerce store to the next level. Our team of experts will guide you through the seamless upgrade process, ensuring a smooth transition from Magento 1 to Magento 2.

Issue solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
we are Best Magento Service Provider for Enhanced your store functionality.

I believe now is the time for you to upgrade the store to the latest Magento version, @sarah_marsters Smiley Happy 

And if you are looking for a fast process of doing it and faster speed and performance, I would recommend you to take a look at this

Regards,

Found the above suggestion helpful, hit the "Kudos" & Accept as Solution!

Thank you,
Rohan D.
Free & Premium Magento 2 Extensions

Upgrading your Magento 1.5 store to Magento 2.3 is a significant but essential step to benefit from the latest features and security enhancements. Here's a general outline of the upgrade process and click this one:

1. Backup Your Store: Before starting the upgrade, take a full backup of your Magento 1.5 store, including the database and all files, to ensure you can revert if needed.

2. Evaluate Extensions and Themes: Check if your current extensions and themes are compatible with Magento 2.3. You may need to find alternatives or upgrade them to versions that support Magento 2.

3. Prepare Magento 2 Installation: Set up a clean Magento 2.3 installation on your server or a development environment.

4. Data Migration: Migrate essential data like products, customers, orders, and categories from your Magento 1.5 store to Magento 2.3. You can use official Magento migration tools or third-party solutions for this process.