cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Banner TIME!!

SOLVED

Website Banner TIME!!

Hi all,

So, recently i hired a Magento developer in a foreign country to help me maintain my website. He is paid on an hourly basis. My question is how long does it take to upload a banner into a slider? He is claiming 1 hour per banner in his timesheet, which surely seems a bit much. right?  How long is the process in uploading a banner into an existing slider?

Would love some insight on this!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Website Banner TIME!!

Hi @mak_fish

okay i understand your concern !

Well as per my experience with Magento (Both version Magento 1 & Magento 2)
if you just wanted to upload a banner image into the slider then it will hardly take 5 to 10 mins - if that slider module is created dynamically and able to manage from the backend panel of the magento

But in a reverse case if this module is static and slider is not able to manage dynamically from the backend panel - then your developer has to upload that banner image into the particular directory and then need to add url statically into the slider - so in this case it will take 15 mins max

So maximum time for uploading 1 banner into the slider requires only 15 to 20 mins, not an 1 hour required.

Still this time is defined based on the efficiency of the developer - here i have given time based on my experience and my knowledge

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @mak_fish

okay i understand your concern !

Well as per my experience with Magento (Both version Magento 1 & Magento 2)
if you just wanted to upload a banner image into the slider then it will hardly take 5 to 10 mins - if that slider module is created dynamically and able to manage from the backend panel of the magento

But in a reverse case if this module is static and slider is not able to manage dynamically from the backend panel - then your developer has to upload that banner image into the particular directory and then need to add url statically into the slider - so in this case it will take 15 mins max

So maximum time for uploading 1 banner into the slider requires only 15 to 20 mins, not an 1 hour required.

Still this time is defined based on the efficiency of the developer - here i have given time based on my experience and my knowledge

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Thanks for your indepth insight! appreciate the straightforward explanation. 

The slider is static and i am not able to manage dynamically from the backend panel. Is it as simple as following steps if i wanted to update the slider via ssh?