Did you mean: 

composer problem

composer problem

Hello,

I am using composer 1.10
Magento 2.4
PHP 7.4

when trying to require or to update I get

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Return value of Magento\InventoryComposerInstaller\Plugin::initModuleDeployment() must be an instance of Magento\InventoryComposerInstaller\void, none returned in /var/www/vhosts/meineapo.at/m24.meineapo.at/vendor/magento/inventory-composer-installer/src/Plugin.php:69
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Magento\InventoryComposerInstaller\Plugin->initModuleDeployment(Object(Composer\Script\Event))
#1 phar:///opt/psa/var/modules/composer/composer.phar/src/Composer/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(164): call_user_func(Array, Object(Composer\Script\Event))
#2 phar:///opt/psa/var/modules/composer/composer.phar/src/Composer/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(96): Composer\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch(Object(Composer\Script\Event))
#3 phar:///opt/psa/var/modules/composer/composer.phar/src/Composer/Installer.php(208): Composer\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatchScript('pre-update-cmd', true)
#4 phar:///opt/psa/var/modules/composer/composer.phar/src/Composer/Command/Update in /var/www/vhosts/meineapo.at/m24.meineapo.at/vendor/magento/inventory-composer-installer/src/Plugin.php on line 69

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Return value of Magento\InventoryComposerInstaller\Plugin::initModuleDeployment() must be an instance of Magento\InventoryComposerInstaller\void, none returned in /var/www/vhosts/meineapo.at/m24.meineapo.at/vendor/magento/inventory-composer-installer/src/Plugin.php:69
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Magento\InventoryComposerInstaller\Plugin->initModuleDeployment(Object(Composer\Script\Event))
#1 phar:///opt/psa/var/modules/composer/composer.phar/src/Composer/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(164): call_user_func(Array, Object(Composer\Script\Event))
#2 phar:///opt/psa/var/modules/composer/composer.phar/src/Composer/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(96): Composer\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch(Object(Composer\Script\Event))
#3 phar:///opt/psa/var/modules/composer/composer.phar/src/Composer/Installer.php(208): Composer\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatchScript('pre-update-cmd', true)
#4 phar:///opt/psa/var/modules/composer/composer.phar/src/Composer/Command/Update in /var/www/vhosts/meineapo.at/m24.meineapo.at/vendor/magento/inventory-composer-installer/src/Plugin.php on line 69

Any idea?

Regards,
Gunther

7 REPLIES 7

Re: composer problem

@meineapo It seems like that you need to upgrade your composer version. 

For upgrade composer. You can follow this link

Hope, It maybe helpful for you.

Thanks

@meineapo 

I was also facing such kind of issues yesterday and it was related to composer.lock file issue foe me.

You can follow below steps:

It can be an issue of PHP versions. I will recommend you to check your HTTP requests and Command line PHP version.

OR

Clear composer cache and the update composer.

composer clearcache
composer update

OR

Remove the vendor directory and give another try to composer install

OR 

You can try by running below command:

Composer self-update 

PS: Keep backup before running any commands. Apart from that Magento 2.4 requires latest stable composer version as well. Thanks

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Compser is newest version, PHP is 2.4.

Which directory should I delete?

Regards,
Gunther

@meineapo Can you match the php version with the cli version, if both are same or not.

for this just run php -v on cli and check the version and create info.php file with the below code and run this file on browser and match the version there.

<?php

echo phpinfo();

Thanks

Both 7.4

Regards,
Gunther

OK, solution found: composer does not use php version from path...

Hi

May be i am late to reply this but hope below answer can help.

I had same issue i have fixed it by remove "void" from "endor/magento/inventory-composer-installer/src/Plugin.php" file. Assign return type to method is not compatible to your php version so either you can use " use void;" declaration at top or remove ": void" from method return type.