Today, Magento is releasing new updates to increase product security and functionality. The releases contain over 15 security enhancements and Magento 2.x updates that also address image resizing and MasterCard BIN number expansion. We strongly recommend that all merchants upgrade to these versions as soon as is reasonably possible.
These releases include:
- Support for MasterCard BIN number expansion. MasterCard recently added a new series of Bank Identification Numbers (BIN). While certain Magento versions already support the new BINs, merchants using the following versions must upgrade or apply a patch by June 30, 2017 or face potential fines from MasterCard and lost sales:
- Enterprise and Community Edition 2.1.2 or earlier
- All Enterprise and Community Edition 2.0.x releases
- Enterprise Edition 1.14.2.x or earlier releases
- Community Edition 1.9.2.x or earlier releases
More information is available at MasterCard BIN Range Update.
- Reversion of the changes to image resizing that we introduced in Magento 2.1.6. Certain image resizing changes introduced unanticipated problems. We have reverted these changes in this release, and will provide improvements to image resizing in a future product update. See the Magento 2.1.7 Enterprise Edition Release Notes for additional information you may need to take when upgrading from Magento 2.1.6 or 2.1.5 to this release.
Download and install the Enterprise Edition updates by logging into My Account and navigating to the version you want to download. Community Edition software is available in the Release Archive of the Community Edition download page.
(See How to get the Magento software for a discussion of Magento 2.x installation procedures, and How to Apply and Revert Magento Patches for Magento 1.x instructions.)