Coming to you live from Madrid this time, so this is reaching you a bit sooner than usual. Really looking forward to some face time with some of the community this week as we head into Meet Magento Spain on Wednesday!
If you're new to our forums, welcome! I'm so glad you're here! Take a look around and be sure to reach out to me or any of our awesome moderators if you have any questions.
Don’t forget—if you're headed to MagentoLive Australia, we have a special group here just for you. Take a look and be sure to introduce yourself!
Here's what the community has been writing about this past week:
- How to Refund in Magento 2.0, by Andrey Dubina (October 20)
- Improving the Conversion Rate of Magento Stores, by Paul Rogers (October 20)
- Ecommerce Platforms Popularity, October 2015: Top Five Solutions Take Three Quarters of the Market, by aheadWorks (October 21)
- Administrative Magento Enterprise Features 101, by Alyssa Schaad (October 21)
- Holiday Shipping Strategies That Pay Off, by Carl Hartmann (October 21)
- How to Rewrite URL’s in Magento 2.0, by Andrey Dubina (October 22)
- Automation Tips for Busy Holiday Marketers, by Skip Fidura (October 22)
- Building Magento 2 Extension – CustomerGrid, by Max Yekaterynenko (October 22)
- Magento 2 and Composer: Tutorial preview, by James Cowie (October 23)
- Magento 2: Merchant Beta Quickstart, by Alan Storm (October 23)
I’m always impressed by the willingness of our community to share Magento with the broader PHP world. Huge thanks to Joshua Warren, Fabrizio Branca, Thijs Feryn and Mathew Beane for their presentations at ZendCon 2015:
It’s no secret that I’m a strong advocate for being in the same room with others in the Magento community, so here’s what’s coming up:
In other event news around the world:
For a full list of upcoming events, be sure to check out our Event Calendar, as well as browsing magento.meetup.com for a list of meetups near you.
Do you want to contribute to our official Magento 2 documentation? Submit a pull request!
One final note, as I know security is top of mind, please take note of our Security Best Practices. If you’ve seen them before, a refresher never hurts!
Did I miss anything? Private message me here or reach out on Twitter at @sherrierohde!