If you're new to our forums, welcome! I'm so glad you're here! Take a look around and be sure to reach out to me or any of our awesome moderators if you have any questions.
Here in the States we’re all getting ready for Thanksgiving and Black Friday this week, but as you probably know there’s been quite a lot to talk about around Magento in the past few days!
Did you hear? We released Magento 2!
Congrats to all of you who help contributed code and feedback along the way, you are a part of making this happen and we are truly grateful for you.
This launch was such a big deal, it took not one but three official posts to announce it:
Huge thank you to all of you who have written on Magento this week, here’s the latest:
- Viktor Khliupko Talks About How Magento 2 Will Change The Ecommerce Landscape, by Wajid Hussain (November 16)
- Improving Magento Performance with Blackfire.io, by Oro Team (November 16)
- What You Need to Know About Magento’s Newest Security Patch: SUPEE-6788, by Joel Holtzman (November 16)
- Magento CE 184.108.40.206 database diagram, by Anna Völkl (November 17)
- Session Digital pioneers Magento 2 platform with Byredo and Graze.com, by Jenny Lambourne (November 17)
- The Eagerly Awaited M2 Has Arrived, by Alex Shepherd (November 17)
- Magento 2 Release Blossoms Forth the New Era of Ecommerce, by aheadWorks (November 17)
- Revealed: The Magento Mountaineer, by Magento (November 17)
- Under the Hood of Jon Woodall, by Ashley (November 17)
- Five Strategies To Make The Most Of Holiday Traffic On Your Magento Store, by Corey (November 17)
- All of The Release Highlights from the Magento 2 Launch!, by Matthew Bertulli (November 17)
- Rendering in Magento 2, by Nathan McBride (November 18)
- Magento 2: launched and available!, by Ivona Namjesnik (November 18)
- Original Butterflies-by-Mail Company Celebrates Launch by Giving Back, by Bethany Kelley (November 18)
- Synergy & SOL Power Launch Magento 2 Site, by Guidance (November 18)
- What’s New in Admin Panel of Magento 2.0, by Andrey Dubina (November 19)
- Magento 2: Welcome to the New Era!, by Viacheslav Kravchuk (November 19)
- Google Shopping campaign – how to make a detailed product level performance report, by Tea Pisac (November 19)
- Episode 69 – Jamon of the Turducken, by Phillip Jackson and Kalen Jordan (November 19)
- 7 Actionable Personalization Tips to Retain Your Holiday Shoppers in 2016, by Jannica Nyman (November 19)
- MagentoLive Australia 2015 Wraps Up in Sydney, by Magento (November 19)
- Magento 2: etc has an area hierarchy., by Alan Storm (November 19)
- How to add attribute image swatches in Magento 1.9, by Dan Long (November 19)
- Magento 2 - Evolution in the E-Commerce, by Tim Hahn and Ralf Lieser (November 19)
- MagentoLive | Australia Highlights: Magento 2.0 Takes the Stage, by MageCloud (November 19)
- Magento Community, by Sherrie Rohde (November 20)
- Mage Dev Weekly - Issue 29, by Simon Young (November 20)
- The Showcase of Magento 2 Shops, by Firebear Team (November 20)
- Installing Magento 2 for Project Development, by David Alger (November 20)
- Magento 2.0: A First Look, by Nikola Lazic (November 22)
- Magento 2 is here!, by Matthias Zeis (November 22)
- Configure a server on EC2 for Magento 2, by Daniel Navarro (November 22)
- Magento 2 and Composer Authentication, by Alan Kent (November 22)
- Alexander Turiak Talks Candidly About Magento, by Wajid Hussain (November 23)
- How to Set Up a Multistore in Magento 2.0, by Andrey Dubina (November 23)
- Recap of Magento Live Australia 2015, by Selvan Dinakaran (November 23)
In addition to MagentoLive Australia this past week, three developers were speaking on Magento at php[world] 2015. Miss their talks? Catch their slides:
ICYMI: Meet Magento Switzerland also shared their event recap video for 2015.
Ready to plan your 2016 travel? For a full list of upcoming events, be sure to check out our Event Calendar, as well as browsing magento.meetup.com for a list of meetups near you.
Did I miss anything? Private message me here or reach out on Twitter at @sherrierohde!