It's the first Monday of 2016, are you ready?
If you're new to our forums, welcome! I'm so glad you're here! Take a look around and be sure to reach out to me or any of our awesome moderators if you have any questions.
Here's what the community's been writing about this week:
- Beginner’s Guide To Magento: Controllers, by Ryan Street (December 28)
- Workaround for Magento 2 static asset/symlink bugs, by Alan Storm (December 28)
- Catalog Discount in Magento 2.0, by Andrey Dubina (December 29)
- Marcelo Amorim Shows How Individuals Can Help In The Growth Of Magento, by Wajid Hussain (December 29)
- Getting started with theming in Magento 2 – Part 1, by Dan Long (December 30)
- Magetalk Episode 73 – “Black Friday Woes”, by Phillip Jackson & Kalen Jordan (December 30)
- Beginner’s Guide To Magento: Views, by Ryan Street (December 30)
- Beginner’s Guide To Magento: System Configuration, by Ryan Street (December 30)
- Are you getting the most out of your Magento Platform?, by 121ecommerce (December 31)
- How to Delete Columns in Sales Grid, by Aleksei Grigorenko (January 4)
- Implementing SOAP & REST API in Magento 2, by Suresh Selvam (January 4)
- Beginner’s Guide To Magento: Installation Scripts, by Ryan Street (January 4)
- Beginner’s Guide To Magento: Conclusion, by Ryan Street (January 4)
- How To Use CLI On Magento 2, by Syed Maad Jahangir (January 4)
Alan Storm is working on a new command line program for Magento 2 code generation called Pestle. If you want to get involved, check it out on Github.
Looking forward to Imagine? (I am!) The interactiv4 team is already working with Vantage, WebShopApps, ebizmarts, Genmato B.V., Rocket Web, Blue Acorn, Inchoo and MageMonkey to bring you #preimagine 2015. Go check out the details!
In addition, Yireo and Dutchento are working together to produce a Magento 2 Seminar in The Netherlands on January 22nd.
For a full list of upcoming events, be sure to check out our Event Calendar, as well as browsing magento.meetup.com for a list of meetups near you.
Did I miss anything? Private message me here or reach out on Twitter at @sherrierohde!